2021 Schedule

R T

Home opener  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your first choice for the Packers home opener?

• Bears
    • Lions
    • Vikings
    • Rams
    • Seahawks
    • Browns
    • Steelers
    • Football Team

5 hours ago, St Vince said:

Wow that's a brutal schedule.

This says we have an easier schedule than the other three division opponents.   Skewed of course because they have to play us and... we don't.    

2021 NFL strength of schedule rankings

• 1 Pittsburgh Steelers .563 (143-111-2)
  • 2 Baltimore Ravens .559 (142-112-2)
  • 3 Chicago Bears .553 (141-114-1)
  • 4 Detroit Lions .543 (138-116-2)
  • 5 Cincinnati Bengals .539 (138-118)
  • 6 Minnesota Vikings .537 (137-118-1)
  • 7 Las Vegas Raiders .527 (134-120-2)
  • 8 Green Bay Packers .531 (133-122-1)
  • 9 Cleveland Browns .520 (132-122-2)
Edited by Kampfgeist

44 minutes ago, packfanfb said:
  1. Week 13 bye
  2. Mini-bye after Week 8
  3. 6 of first 9 games on the road
  4. 5 of final 8 games at Lambeau

Considering the quality of their opponents(which is always subject to change as the season goes on of course), all in all a pretty solid schedule IMO. More home games on the back stretch and a late season BYE are always things I'm hoping for each season

Edited by deltarich87

The biggest injustice with the Packers schedule is the Packers- Cardinals game. The Packers have to travel to Phoenix for a Thursday night game after playing Washington on Sunday, yet the Cardinals have their bye week the week before. Cardinals have an extra week of rest AND the Packers are the travel team on 4 days. That is a big competitive for Arizona.    

9 minutes ago, R T said:

The biggest injustice with the Packers schedule is the Packers- Cardinals game. The Packers have to travel to Phoenix for a Thursday night game after playing Washington on Sunday, yet the Cardinals have their bye week the week before. Cardinals have an extra week of rest AND the Packers are the travel team on 4 days. That is a big competitive for Arizona.    

That's awful. I'm chalking that one up as a loss. 

Not a team you can really afford to lose to on this schedule, either.

We're going to be the best 9-8 team in the league.

Edited by incognito_man

I really hate this schedule and the order of games as well. The pundits hyped the Packers-Chiefs game as a Week 17 matchup and we didn't get it. Worse off, we're going to add to our losing record to them on the road regardless of who is at QB IMHO. I don't think I'd take it as badly as incog if Rodgers is in fact the starter, but at least we get Seattle, Cleveland, and LA Rams at home with a late Bye in the second half of the season. I can't help but think we go 2-5 in the first 5 games either unless New Orleans is completely disorganized post-Brees, which I could see happening. Week 3 is an L for sure as we're most likely playing SF at full strength and backing that up with Pittsburgh though fortunately that game is at home.

I think the best we can go is 11-6, worst at 8-9 with Rodgers; if Love is the QB then it's 9-8 at best, worst at 6-11. TBH, if Love is the guy I'd use the season to really evaluate the WR's, Barry's new defense(mainly IDL given how strong next year's class is apparently), and our TE's not named Deguara or Tonyan. We're not going to be competitive during Love's first NFL season unless the defense really dominates and all the work Love has put in pays off quickly; obviously, that's not likely so we should take advantage of a rebuilding year and kill it in the 2022 draft with higher picks in each round.

Mark me down as an eternal optimist, sort of. If with Rogers at QB, we go 12 - 5. If with Love, we go 4 - 8. After Love crashes and burns, Bortles goes 2 - 3. If with Rogers, we go to the Super Bowl, but lose to the Chiefs. If with Love/Bortles, we get some nice early picks in each round of next year's draft. But what the hell do I know?

3 hours ago, R T said:

AZ plays HOU the Sunday before we play them, they have the bye before the Bears. Or maybe playing HOU is kind of a bye. Anyway, at least they will have a 4 day turnaround like we will. 

Edited by Refugee

This is all just "on paper" but if it holds true, the good news is we have a very good chance to win the North again because every team in the division has a tough schedule. Bad news is the Bucs have the 29th ranked SOS if you're thinking about playoff seeding. 

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

That's awful. I'm chalking that one up as a loss. 

Not a team you can really afford to lose to on this schedule, either.

We're going to be the best 9-8 team in the league.

We also play both Seattle and LA Rams coming off their byes. At least both are in GB.

• Like 1

Nice to see that the schedule makers were "all-in" on the Packers regardless of the Aaron Rodgers situation.

Charlotte Carey, the NFL’s director of broadcasting, explained why the league didn’t take into account Rodgers’ situation in Green Bay and were still “all-in” on the Packers when making the team’s schedule.

“So when an elite quarterback like Aaron Rodgers is in that position, it’s definitely tricky for the schedule team. But we really just stuck to our guns,” Carey said, via Kevin Patra of NFL.com. “The Packers have a fantastic schedule this year. They’re a great football team. We hope No. 12 is under center, but if he’s not, we’re still all in on the Packers. They’re a big, big brand in the NFL and have a huge national following, so we’re all in.”

Put another way, the Packers are still a big draw nationally regardless of the quarterback under center.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/13/nfl-scheduler-makers-loved-the-packers-with-or-without-aaron-rodgers/