1 hour ago, Who-dey said:

Maybe it’s just me but I feel a different energy coming from the team this year. 

I'd say it's a mixture of the confidence exuded by Burrow, combined with a defense that I think is going to have an attitude, but not a toxic one like the Burfict led defenses. 

Bates is a dog, Bell and Hilton aren't going to take **** from anybody, we're getting healthy bodies back on the defensive line, and our super young LB core is a little more seasoned.  Biggest question mark on D is at CB.  If Waynes and Awuzie can be at least league average or a little better, then our defense is going to surprise some people. If they struggle, so will the defense struggle with them.

On offense you can tell how excited Boyd is in the interviews he's given at OTA's to have a weapon like Chase in the mix and the versatility the WR group has now.  Everyone likes to **** on the Bengals offensive line because they passed on Sewell, but they still brought in two new starters this year in Reiff and Carman, and will be essentially getting another starter with one of Spain or XSF at LG and the depth is better than last year already.  And that's if Frank Pollack makes no difference over Jim Turner, which almost everyone thinks it will make at least some difference.

A pretty clear and fair picture of the Bengals from a Browns blogger who sees a Bengals/Browns rivalry brewing for the next decade.  He still likes the Browns as the better team for now of course, and I might have a couple contentions on what he thinks about our defense, but on the whole it was a pretty good read and seems like a good take on what the Bengals are now and what they could be in the near future.

New Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals rivalry could be brewing (dawgpounddaily.com)

On 6/3/2021 at 7:52 AM, THE DUKE said:

And that's if Frank Pollack makes no difference over Jim Turner, which almost everyone thinks it will make at least some difference.

I think he's going to make a huge difference.  If you follow Willie Anderson at all, he crapped all over Turner and his style of Oline play.  Talked a lot about the problems with the technique he teaches, and how it gets guys beat all the time.  

Plus, if you buy into PFF grades at all, you can see guys grades plummet when Turner arrives, or go way up when Turner leaves.