Preseason Rumblings

THE DUKE

On 8/22/2021 at 8:44 AM, INbengalfan said:

Did the forum contract COVID?  We all seem to be quarantined on here.

Oh, and I think Mike Brown understands that it might be cheaper to tag Bates twice than to reset the safety market with him.  The smart thing to do would be to front load the bonus money and large first and second year payout on an average of $15m per, so that most of it is is paid by the time they have to start paying the offense (Higgins, Jonah, Burrow, Chase, in that order)

i check in about once/week now.  Along with lots of other reasons, the Bengals are really turning me off with this Bates situation.  It's classic Bengals, and is only going to alienate others in the locker room (along with some fans).  None of this good.  

But sure, they're going to save a couple of million dollars.  Yay?

1 minute ago, theJ said:

i check in about once/week now.  Along with lots of other reasons, the Bengals are really turning me off with this Bates situation.  It's classic Bengals, and is only going to alienate others in the locker room (along with some fans).  None of this good.  

But sure, they're going to save a couple of million dollars.  Yay?

I still think it gets done in the next two plus weeks.  They are probably stuck at guaranteed money (surprise!!..NOT).

55 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I still think it gets done in the next two plus weeks.  They are probably stuck at guaranteed money (surprise!!..NOT).

Maybe.  I'm skeptical.  I think the Jamaal Adams contract threw a wrench in it.

If i were Bates, i don't think i'd budge.  

I'll bet they get a deal with Bates done by opening day. If the team doesn't budge, they can tag him a couple of times and save money. Either way, he'll be playing for us this year.

That doesn't look good for Chase if the tweeter really is his baby mama.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:45 AM, theJ said:

Maybe.  I'm skeptical.  I think the Jamaal Adams contract threw a wrench in it.

If i were Bates, i don't think i'd budge.  

I definitely wouldn’t budge. He’s one of if not the top S in the NFL. I’d demand to be paid like one. Bengals have the room with Burrow on a rookie deal. 

18 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

Billy Price was traded to the NYG. Got a depth DLman in exchange for him. 

It's a good trade.  Sounds like two starting caliber linemen that couldn't break through the people in front of them.

22 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Saw a report we also offered Michael Jordan to the Gents. They need O-line help badly.  Presumably we're also shopping Seibert, he's better than some other kickers who made rosters last year.

Trading both makes sense, but i'm not sure they'll find a suitor for either.  Seibert is a real long shot bc teams know he'll cut get anyway.  MJ is probably going to be cut as well, though it's possible someone offers a conditional 6th/7th for him to avoid having to go through waivers.