Posted (edited)

Some minor tweaks from the one i posted earlier but pretty much the same.

Kinda whack that we get Browns/@Steelers/@Browns and the browns get @US/BYE/US

Edited by Ray Reed

Monday Night Football is such a dumpster game now, ugh. Well, at least its against the Raiders who we should beat. But who knows...

Greg Roman 😆

All Ravens fans should hate Gruden. I'll never forget that little c*nt having a prepared attack for us during MNF the year after we won the Super Bowl. One of our DBs got called for holding or DPI and Gruden goes "Yea you know the Ravens have a history of this, interfering with the receiver", and then MNF cut to the famous clip of Jimmy Smith & Crabtree from our Super Bowl dub. I wanted to crawl through the screen and choke the life out of everyone on the set when I saw that. 

We all know what it's about too-

Gruden is still salty that the SB Champion Ravens dragged their nuts over the Raiders squad that he thought was destined for a ring. And don't forget the issues between John Harbaugh and Jay Gruden either. Remember that little incident? F both the Grudens.

This game will be a bloodbath. The Raiders are totally unequipped to deal with our offense or defense. Could be a big game for Hollywood, I see him consistently blowing the top off that defense.

• Like 1

Week 1 Lamar against a previously bad defense that has rebuilt with a lot of new pieces is basically the ideal setup for a vintage 'chilling on the bench by the end of the 3rd quarter' kind of Lamar game. This being a primetime game you can bet the hype is gonna be through the roof about how much this team has 'evolved' if that does come to pass, but we saw the same thing happen last year in Week 1 and then didn't really sustain that. 

• Like 1

I know everyone will be excited/eager to see Lamar and how the passing game has developed come week 1, but I think JK has a legit shot at opening the season with a 200 yard game

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

Ravens about to be the only AFCN team 1:0 after week 1.

i'd quite like that to get them out of the way early before they hit stride.

I'm not sure I buy this. Ravens vs Chiefs has come early in the season the last 2 years if I remember correctly. I'd assume the league would want to build to Lamar vs Mahomes around mid season. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

More rumors...but if true, we would start on the road weeks 1/3/4 because the Orioles have a home game week 3.

Honestly wouldn’t hate getting rid of all of those road games that early 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

The Raiders are totally unequipped to deal with our offense or defense.

?

We had a Top 10 Offense in both YPG and PPG last year. And it was Top 6 like the first 12 weeks before it fell off a bit. We also dismantled some of the best defenses in the entire NFL.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m fully expecting you guys to win this game, and your offense to be extremely good. But I feel this specific sentence is not accurate. 

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

Ravens about to be the only AFCN team 1:0 after week 1.

i'd quite like that to get them out of the way early before they hit stride.

Don't love the idea of playing the Chiefs on one less day of rest but then again that early in the season maybe it doesn't really matter. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

?

We had a Top 10 Offense in both YPG and PPG last year. And it was Top 6 like the first 12 weeks before it fell off a bit. We also dismantled some of the best defenses in the entire NFL.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m fully expecting you guys to win this game, and your offense to be extremely good. But I feel this specific sentence is not accurate. 

I'll have no problem eating crow if I'm wrong. Being honest though, I don't see Carr enjoying a great day up against our pass defense. Our offense will probably have us up by a couple scores before halftime and Derek is going to have to throw you guys back in it. Not a recipe for success imo. 

Our defense is fresh off holding Derrick Henry to 40 rushing yards and Josh Allen to 206 passing yards in the playoffs. I don't think you can blame me for predicating a lop sided outcome here.