Joe Thomas leaves game with arm injury, Consecutive snaps streak ends at 10,363 snaps

hornbybrown

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

How old do you think he is?

I know he's only in his early 30's...but that's getting up there. I mean, he could certainly play several more years - look at Whitworth and Staley. But at this point in time, at that position, with that kind of mileage, you're pretty long in the tooth.  Didn't mean to make it sound like he's 36 or 37 or something lol, though it kind of did

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I know he's only in his early 30's...but that's getting up there. I mean, he could certainly play several more years - look at Whitworth and Staley. But at this point in time, at that position, with that kind of mileage, you're pretty long in the tooth.  Didn't mean to make it sound like he's 36 or 37 or something lol, though it kind of did

I think most people assume he is 35 or older because he pretty much came into the league in his prime and then his prime lasted for another 10 seasons. He said he evaluates that stuff every off season so he may call it quits but I don't think it would be age or even mileage related. This is his first significant injury so while he has played 10K+ snaps he his body hasn't taken the punishment that many do. He will turn 33 in December.

He'll be 33 in December. I hope he can come back. Definitely a top 10 offensive lineman of all time. Should be a first ballot Hall of Famer. I wish he had a chance to at least be on a team that could compete for the Super Bowl. Sad. Looks like he may go down as the next Butkus having never even been in a playoff game. I'll never forget when he was drafted he opted to go fishing with his pops instead of go through all of the hoops to attend that draft. Thought that was dope. 

On 10/23/2017 at 2:08 PM, El ramster said:

There's no honor or points won for playing for a crappy organization. You get no bonus points. Just flat out stupid. 

Same with Steven Jackson, Wasted all his prime years playing for a loser. Rams should have traded him while he had value.

You don't pay someone that much money when they simply can't help you win. Browns aren't good with him..  Move on and make the right

tactical move and get more picks. Absolutely a tragedy that a career of that magnitude was wasted on that dump. 

...he wants to stay here...

Archived