Position Battles

dll2000

2 hours ago, soulman said:

But another RT after we've already committed $2.25 mil gtd to Ifedi and drafted Borom?

Moses at RT, Ifedi at RG, Daniels back to C. Sustipher backup C. Borom backup RT. Wilkerson swing tackle. Bars backup all 5 (played C against Ten, LT in preseason, RG/RT as well). With Jenkins at LT and Whitehair at LG, that puts our Oline at a pretty good position, with decent depth across. 

I think they are just kicking tires on Moses.

Bears are not going to spend every dime of cap.   They probably need to play with Quinns deal if they wanted to do it anyway and I think they want to wait and see with Quinn, not make his departure harder.  

They always want a cushion for an in season signing or trade.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Moses at RT, Ifedi at RG, Daniels back to C. Sustipher backup C. Borom backup RT. Wilkerson swing tackle. Bars backup all 5 (played C against Ten, LT in preseason, RG/RT as well). With Jenkins at LT and Whitehair at LG, that puts our Oline at a pretty good position, with decent depth across. 

I'd have no problem with that at all. I've said all along that now having added weight and hopefully some added strength to anchor against NTs Daniels might me considered for a move back to OC.  I'd much rather see him there than Whitehair.

That's a pretty good looking OL with some experienced depth but who do they release or restructure in order to sign Moses?  After signing the rookies they may have just enough to squeeze him in if it's a multiple year deal with a SB and a vet minimum 2021 salary but Pace will still need to clear more cap space somewhere along the line.  More motivation to cut a deal with ARob?

12 hours ago, soulman said:

But another RT after we've already committed $2.25 mil gtd to Ifedi and drafted Borom?

Moses is a better player than Ifedi and is probably a 1-year deal, and signing him allows us to move Ifedi back to RG (where he was better IMO) and Daniels to C (where he’s probably better than Mustipher). 

37 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Moses is a better player than Ifedi and is probably a 1-year deal, and signing him allows us to move Ifedi back to RG (where he was better IMO) and Daniels to C (where he’s probably better than Mustipher). 

If we can bring him in on a one year deal for a price we can afford I say great.  Do it.  But I have to wonder at age 30 if he's not looking for something with a little more security.  Maybe not.   If we were able to make it happen that's a good looking OL.

On 6/1/2021 at 10:19 PM, soulman said:

But I have to wonder at age 30 if he's not looking for something with a little more security.

Maybe, but he’s not a guy coming off a rookie contract. He just made $25M over the past 4 years in DC. He kinda got the shaft in FA being released in mid May too - by then most teams looking to sign a starter had already done so, and those who hadn’t had mostly drafted a guy they hope fills that role. Our spot may be his best chance to start in 2021, and at 31 next offseason he should still get good money on a 1 or 2 year guarantee provided he continues at a high level this year. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious to see if Clark makes it.

He was awesome in camp/practice and sucked in games.  A lot of times that doesn't change.  That's just who those guys are.   Practice all stars.   

But Bears don't really have anyone after Kmet and Graham.   That is only thing saving him.  Not because of his play.  

Holtz was awful last year after playing pretty good as a try hard year before.   He couldn't even block so was good for nothing as he has little receiving talent.  

I still think Horstead has good potential and is more of a gamer.   Like to see him get more reps and make the 53 over Clark or Holtz if need be.

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I am curious to see if Clark makes it.

He was awesome in camp/practice and sucked in games.  A lot of times that doesn't change.  That's just who those guys are.   Practice all stars.   

But Bears don't really have anyone after Kmet and Graham.   That is only thing saving him.  Not because of his play.  

Holtz was awful last year after playing pretty good as a try hard year before.   He couldn't even block so was good for nothing as he has little receiving talent.  

I still think Horstead has good potential and is more of a gamer.   Like to see him get more reps and make the 53 over Clark or Holtz if need be.

you mean the clark that the bears cut yesterday? the same clark that hurt his shoulder in training camp and spent the entire year on IR?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Guess they saw what I did then. 

I think they're looking at the kid from Stanford they signed as an UDFA as someone they can develop into a "Y" type TE.

sehgode9zhneatsutjvl

Scooter Harrington

TE

Experience: R

Height: 6-5

Weight: 250 lbs

College: Stanford

15 minutes ago, soulman said:

I think they're looking at the kid from Stanford they signed as an UDFA as someone they can develop into a "Y" type TE.

sehgode9zhneatsutjvl

Scooter Harrington

TE

Experience: R

Height: 6-5

Weight: 250 lbs

College: Stanford

TE is a hard position to find.

They can't seem to find guys who can block and catch both.   They are really good at one or other and not both.   

One of those positions that NFL needs to find a way to develop people at.

Just now, dll2000 said:

TE is a hard position to find.

They can't seem to find guys who can block and catch both.   They are really good at one or other and not both.   

One of those positions that NFL needs to find a way to develop people at.

i think that's what they're hoping kmet is/becomes

18 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i think that's what they're hoping kmet is/becomes

well they seem to using him a lot in OTAs.   That is a good sign.

But they used Shaheen a lot in OTAs and camp too.  Actually Shaheen was looking good for a brief stretch in that one camp before that first foot injury.  Broncos media were really impressed with him in joint practices.  

It was all downhill from there.   He was never good again.