College Football: 2023-24

rickyt31

Let’s hope a couple of these CBs continue to play well. Last year before the CFB season, Shaun Wade was a first round  prospect, with the caveat that he needed to prove himself as a boundary CB. We saw how that worked out. Do all 5 of the above play outside CB?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Let’s hope a couple of these CBs continue to play well. Last year before the CFB season, Shaun Wade was a first round  prospect, with the caveat that he needed to prove himself as a boundary CB. We saw how that worked out. Do all 5 of the above play outside CB?

I think everyone but Jones would be an outside CB. It's going to be interesting to see who finish the season on top. There are more names who could be added on the list this season. 

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Oh wow.. I have been used to checking on WR and QB annually but now, I think I will try to follow up on TE and CB for high picks.   I am so sick of SEC defense talks but Stingley Jr is real deal.

CB, OL, LB and S are what I think we target early. With 4 picks likely in the top 50. We should really be able to improve this team this next draft. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Oh wow.. I have been used to checking on WR and QB annually but now, I think I will try to follow up on TE and CB for high picks.   I am so sick of SEC defense talks but Stingley Jr is real deal.

This CB class is loaded. Gotta wonder if that played into last year's draft strategy. Would love to get Kaiir Elam, his dad used to play for us.

On 8/16/2021 at 10:57 AM, jetjuice said:

This CB class is loaded. Gotta wonder if that played into last year's draft strategy. Would love to get Kaiir Elam, his dad used to play for us.

Since many CBs had made a case to be top or high regarding draft prospects when they played in slot or nickel role we need to be sure that they receive that kind of recognition for playing on outside.  A few CBs with well over 6 feet like Ahmad Gardner may be a safe bet but not guaranteed.

Pre-season draft list to track. Hopefully, most of them will come to fruition after this season.

Hype or Real Deal outside top 5 (I hope).

CB:
Derek Stingley Jr, LSU
Kaiir Elam, Florida

DE:
George Karlaftis, Purdue
Myjai Sanders, Cincinnati

OL
OT Rasheed Walker, Penn State
OT Ikem Ekwonu, NC State
OT Abraham Lucas, Washington State
OG Kenyon Green, Texas A&M

LB
Ventrell Miller, Florida

Beyond top 40

TE:
Cade Otton, Washington
Isaiah Likely, Coastal Carolina

RB:
Charles Johnson, UNLV

CJ Verrell, Oregon

WR:
Jahan Dotson, Penn State
Kyle Philips, UCLA
Jaylon Robinson, Central Florida

oC:
Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas

S:
Daxton Hill, Michigan
Kenderick Duncan Jr., Louisville

LB:
DeMarvion Overshown, Texas
Merlin Robertson, Arizona State
Damone Clark, LSU

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

draftcountdown looks good.  Shane and Brian now run this site since Scott Wright moved on to NextGem. @rickyt31, you should check him out if you never heard of him.

Anyway, Shane and Brian have their own prospect rankings plus consensus one. Neater than walterfootball's. I don't know if you care about synopsis or not but I just need names so I can check them out myself. 

Most thing I hate about Walterfootball is they repeat names in different positions and years. DCD only lists one name in one position and year whenever he is eligible for first time.

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

draftcountdown looks good.  Shane and Brian now run this site since Scott Wright moved on to NextGen. @rickyt31, you should check him out if you never heard of him.

Anyway, Shane and Brian have their own prospect rankings plus consensus one. Neater than walterfootball's. I don't know if you care about synopsis or not but I just need names so I can check them out myself. 

Most thing I hate about Walterfootball is they repeat names in different positions and years. DCD only lists one name in one position and year whenever he is eligible for first time.

I definitely will check them out. Thanks, year, Walterfootball isn't great. I do look at times to find interesting prospects, but I don't follow their rankings and scouting reports. 

I'm still a fan of Kyle Hamilton & Brandon Smith right now on defense. Smith is explosive and will likely have a huge year. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I definitely will check them out. Thanks, year, Walterfootball isn't great. I do look at times to find interesting prospects, but I don't follow their rankings and scouting reports. 

I'm still a fan of Kyle Hamilton & Brandon Smith right now on defense. Smith is explosive and will likely have a huge year. 

Apologies, it is NextGem, not nextgem.  Apparently, it is for private crap or whatever. 

Still, I don't know if JD will actually draft S or converted LB in 1st or 2nd with the way he has approached S, value wise.  Smith is intriguing and would make sense a ton if Mosely didn't show up.

I may keep checking on South Carolina's pass rushers.