College Football: 2023-24

rickyt31

Purdue's WR David Bell is solid in hands and blocking effort departments but he doesn't apparent to be either fast or quick.

He may be a perfect WR in the Shanahan scheme but Saleh wants fast and quick.

I am not sure if Purdue's scheme set up the way for QB Plummer's natural skill set but Bell needs to run a legit sub 4.55 at the combine or on Pro Day.  I feel he is too small to be next Allen Robinson or Keenan Allen.

I watched few plays of Drake Jackson and Aidan Hutchinson last weekend.

Jackson seemingly is low on motor.  Made no effort against TE.

Hutchinson had good awareness.  He even told DL (Jeter?) to let a blocker go and attack another OL during a live play.   However, bullrushing may be his favorite move as rusher and the rest of few witnessed plays made me think of this

eaWVYP.gif

I am not ready to take either pass rusher for Jets' 2nd 1st round pick.

Of course this could change later in the season, but the WR free agent list looks a lot better than the 1st round options right now. So I'm leaning towards FA to handle the WR and one of our Oline needs. TE can be signed or drafted. 

Defense, there isn't a wrong answer here. As someone who loves defense, this is a great draft & FA class. No position is off the list. Just get me a playmaker. 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Of course this could change later in the season, but the WR free agent list looks a lot better than the 1st round options right now. So I'm leaning towards FA to handle the WR and one of our Oline needs. TE can be signed or drafted. 

Defense, there isn't a wrong answer here. As someone who loves defense, this is a great draft & FA class. No position is off the list. Just get me a playmaker. 

Don’t love any WRs now either. Build the OL and get a TE

Assuming we stay sucking and we're drafting in the top 5 for sure. There's so many routes to go. I like continuing to build the offense via draft. I'd say edge and CB we need as well. Bit these young CBs are actually playing pretty darn good. We also get Carl Lawson back next year. S is the bigger question mark. But I don't value S enough to spend a top 5 pick on them. And I dont think our GM and HC will either (and I love Hamilton). So why not go OL again. All of our OLineman besides Becton and AVT are either FAs or should be cut after this season.

Evan Neal is who I want. Another gigantic OLineman like Becton. Can step in and play RT for us. Who knows bc of Becton's injury history with us. Maybe we move Becton to RT. But that gives us immediate bookend potentially great OTs. AVT looks good. And I'd absolutely love Linderbaum for us with the SEA pick. Assuming that pick is in the late teens or early 20s (not buying it as a top 10 pick right now). That would leave us with only RG to fill. Make a trade or grab someone in FA. But that gives us 4 very talented OLineman that are young to grow with Wilson and Carter (hopefully). We still have 2 2nds that we can spend on defense. Guys like Battle and Smith at S. Wydermeyer at TE (who I like alot), McDuffie and Jobe at CB. These are early predictions... but I think the offense clear as day is showing it still has a long way to go (we haven't scored a point in 8 qrts).

At 1a Thibodeaux, Stingley, or trade down are my current feeling. Linderbaum at 1b. Would love a guy like Wydermeyer in the early 2nd / late first (drafted him in my dynasty/devy league).  I don't see JD going safety early given his treatment of Maye and Adams.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So why not go OL again. All of our OLineman besides Becton and AVT are either FAs or should be cut after this season.

Sadly, and this pains me to no end, I agree with you here.  I love Hamilton and would still take him 1A and get an OT at 1B.  Then use a 2A or 2B on iOL/C.  But, I would like a top OT which we will not get at 1B.  Not so much because I want to upgrade RT (I'd resign Moses for that), but more so because I don't trust Becton.  Regardless, out of the top 4 picks we have, two should be spent on OL.

As for TE, we certainly need an upgrade but TE draft picks are so iffy.  I'd rather go the FA route there assuming there is a decent FA TE available.

If we pick top 5, which I am sure we will cause we suck.

I'd draft Kayvon if hes there. His first step is insane and he explodes off the snap, he would add a dimension to this defense we never have.  I don't want to put my eggs in the Carl Lawson basket considering hes always injured and torn achilles are rough injuries. 

I want a Von Miller, Myles Garrett type so much. They change the game for a defense. 

Our defense right now has zero edge pressure. All of our pressure comes from blitzes or our DTs.  

That 2nd first, I am definitely targeting Linderbaum.  He'll anchor center for the next decade. Perfect scheme fit too, he can get to the second level on blocking. 

Edited by NYJets4716

37 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Dream Scenario since we are likely picking top 3 the way things are going:

Trade our pick (1-3) and grab a future 1st plus 3rd this year and only move down 1-2 spots to grab Kayvon then go the C 1b and TE 2a or 2b.

We are Jets fans.  Things like that don't happen to us.  Or if it happens, Kayvon would bust.

• Like 1

TT's WR Erik Ezukanma. 

Despite he is a body catcher, he surely has solid hands, evidence by catching football from powerful arm thrower in Andy Bowman. Too bad, he will have to deal with mobile qb with weak arm until November or so. His video exposure may be limited.    Could be a good value in 3rd round as 1st down machine WR.