2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

I know it's early still, but I'm not seeing any offensive players look like top-10 picks yet. Normally there is a few names that everyone is hyped about early, but I'm not seeing anyone. Even in the positions we may not need. Feels weird. 

I can see our first 1st round pick going defense and our 2nd pick either going C, RG, WR, or Defense pending on free agency and the talent depth in the draft. 

BYU's RB Tyler Allgeier is impressive.   3rd year sophomore almost left BYU because of no money.  Since he got scholarship he has yet to let BYU down.   Good size, good burst, good hip movement, nice hands.  Can be number 1 or 2 RB on every team's depth chart easily.

Not sure if he will leave BYU for pro. Does anyone pick up vibe about his future?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

BYU's RB Tyler Allgeier is impressive.   3rd year sophomore almost left BYU because of no money.  Since he got scholarship he has yet to let BYU down.   Good size, good burst, good hip movement, nice hands.  Can be number 1 or 2 RB on every team's depth chart easily.

Not sure if he will leave BYU for pro. Does anyone pick up vibe about his future?

I haven't checked him out yet, but I definitely will now.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I’d like us to build a WR pipeline like the Steelers and Packers have in the past, I’m against taking one of the first with the holes we still have but that 2-4 round spot might be it

Besides London, this whole WR class feel like they fit that range. If we were to draft someone John Metchie III seem like someone Saleh would be interested in.

WR prospects will be scuffling throughout the season.  If Jets use WR right he will show up in statistic otherwise you know.

Derek Stingley Jr is done this year. He is dealing with foot injury.  Good chance that it will knock him down from top 10 with Gardner and Emir continue having stellar performances.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

WR prospects will be scuffling throughout the season.  If Jets use WR right he will show up in statistic otherwise you know.

Derek Stingley Jr is done this year. He is dealing with foot injury.  Good chance that it will knock him down from top 10 with Gardner and Emir continue having stellar performances.

If Stingley is there when we are up with the 2nd FRP AND he passes his physical, it would be a nice get. I just get the feeling CB is not a high priority target for Saleh. And so far, I can see why.  Still it would be nice to have a man CB lockdown one side of the field. 

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk