2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

Heck just rebuild the whole OL in this next draft...

OT Evan Neal with our 1st (top 5 probably): Dominant OT to play RT for us.

OG Kenyon Green with the SEA 1st (in the teens): Dominant OG to play RG for us.

C Tyler Linderbaum with our 2nd: Dominant C prospect. Maybe even have to trade up to get him. Which I'd be all for to have that 5th year option.

LT: Becton

LG: AVT

OC: Linderbaum

RG: Green

RT: Neal

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

C Tyler Linderbaum with our 2nd: Dominant C prospect. Maybe even have to trade up to get him. Which I'd be all for to have that 5th year option.

I like your thinking but we both know how unrealistic it is.  I, for one, don't think OT is a major need, ATM.  Keep Becton at LT and Moses at RT with Fant as swing.  Or Fant at LT, Becton at RT and get at mid-tier FA swing since we need to have a starting capable OT to replace Mekhi when he inevitably goes down.  This scenario would be especially good if we trade down from our top 3 pick.

I would like to get Green with Seattle's pick and get a C like Lindstrom or Patterson in round 2.  Hell, maybe even get Empey from BYU in round 2 or 3.  Give Zach a familiar face plus he is playing well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, xrade said:

I like your thinking but we both know how unrealistic it is.  I, for one, don't think OT is a major need, ATM.  Keep Becton at LT and Moses at RT with Fant as swing.  Or Fant at LT, Becton at RT and get at mid-tier FA swing since we need to have a starting capable OT to replace Mekhi when he inevitably goes down.  This scenario would be especially good if we trade down from our top 3 pick.

I would like to get Green with Seattle's pick and get a C like Lindstrom or Patterson in round 2.  Hell, maybe even get Empey from BYU in round 2 or 3.  Give Zach a familiar face plus he is playing well.

Moses is FA, Fant is due nearly 10mill next year and none of it guaranteed. 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Moses is FA, Fant is due nearly 10mill next year and none of it guaranteed. 

That does not mean we can’t resign Moses or keep Fant. In fact, I would bet that JD tries to “renegotiate” Fant’s deal to lower the cap hit. He is worth keeping around. Maybe not at $10M, but teams constantly keep players they want by fooling with the contracts.

If both Fant and Moses are gone, then your original proposal has merit. Yet I just can’t see 3 OL taken in the first 35 picks.

Keep Fant (renegotiated), get a mid-tier FA swing OT and use the first pick on top talent or trade down. I like the trade down only because we may not need that top EDGE. I like Hamilton but S is not a huge priority for Saleh (although the talent is indisputable). Same for Stingley. What would we take at, say, 3?  Just trade down.

If I was GM, I would go Hamilton, Green, top OC, top TE for my first 4 picks. This is all subject to change by April, of course. 

On 10/15/2021 at 7:29 AM, Bobby816 said:

Linderbaum is gonna go top 15. He's a real good player from an o-line school. Getting him in 2nd round is wishful thinking at this juncture.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Linderbaum is gonna go top 15. He's a real good player from an o-line school. Getting him in 2nd round is wishful thinking at this juncture.

Linderbaum seems like a perennial all-pro.  I think getting Best Tackle or CB with pick 1 and

evaluate OT/OC/CB with second.  Building a dominant OL is very appealing, but adding a shutdown corner is also very appealing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Best CB in the class. Stingley isn't better than him.

I think Stingley is the best CB in the draft. I hate those stats people put out. Those stats do not put in the type of teams they went against. To me Stingley has it all and is one of the best CB to come n in the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think Stingley is the best CB in the draft. I hate those stats people put out. Those stats do not put in the type of teams they went against. To me Stingley has it all and is one of the best CB to come n in the last few years. 

Mine isn't a stat opinion its watching the tape. Gardner is dominant every week. Stingley was dominant 2 years ago. Battled injury last year and is probably done for the season this year. So there's a risk involved with him. You're pretty much hoping to draft the 2019 Stingley.

And I don't see the need to do that, when there's a dominant CB in Gardner that's done it for the last 2 years actively. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Mine isn't a stat opinion its watching the tape. Gardner is dominant every week. Stingley was dominant 2 years ago. Battled injury last year and is probably done for the season this year. So there's a risk involved with him. You're pretty much hoping to draft the 2019 Stingley.

And I don't see the need to do that, when there's a dominant CB in Gardner that's done it for the last 2 years actively. 

I agree about his injury which is why he has had a drop off but man this guy was the best CB in 2019 that I had seen in a VERY long time. I think once he is healthy he is still the best CB. I think LSU in general just fell apart. Once Burrow left that team really changed. I would be happy with either one and I think one of these guys should be a jet next year. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree about his injury which is why he has had a drop off but man this guy was the best CB in 2019 that I had seen in a VERY long time. I think once he is healthy he is still the best CB. I think LSU in general just fell apart. Once Burrow left that team really changed. I would be happy with either one and I think one of these guys should be a jet next year. 

Give me the proven current guy… every day of the week.

Remember Hackenberg was slated to be a top draft pick before his last year too. So I’ll take the guy with no risk every day of the week. Bc we aren’t q franchise that can afford risk.

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk