2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

Good option if we can't get Linderbaum.

I think I prefer Lindstrom over Linderbaum.  Linderbaum's weight (283) scares me a little against NFL iDL.  At least Lindstrom is over 300.  Lindstrom is also Walter Footballs top rated OC.  Funny thing is that Linderbaum is not even in their top 10 OC.  They can be so wrong sometimes.

The focus this off-season in general should be fixing the OL and TE spots. AVT has been great for the most part but we still need more interior help. TE has to be the biggest focus for us. It’s obvious this scheme won’t bell effective unless we have a threat at TE

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

TE has to be the biggest focus for us. It’s obvious this scheme won’t bell effective unless we have a threat at TE

There are a couple potential FA’s which if they hit FA JD may target. Goedert, Gesicki, Tonyan, Schultz, etc.  As for the draft, McBride in round 2 is about the only decent option. I know some like Wydermeyer, but after 7 games he has 21 rec. for 278 yds. and 2 TD. Those numbers do not scream top pick talent. The point is that if JD wants to upgrade with immediate results, expect a FA option as opposed to drafting one. Any draft pick will most likely be a developmental project. 

13 hours ago, Dr.O said:

The focus this off-season in general should be fixing the OL and TE spots. AVT has been great for the most part but we still need more interior help. TE has to be the biggest focus for us. It’s obvious this scheme won’t bell effective unless we have a threat at TE

I hate drafting a TE. I would rather grab a FA that is an average TE instead of reaching for one in the draft. It takes WAY to long for TE to develop. I mean look at Pitts. He was suppose to be the best TE prospect since Vernon Davis. Pitts is hit or miss right now. Most guys it takes several season to get the position down. I'm one of those guys that could careless about the TE spot. Unless you have a Kelce or Kittle type guy there is no point in drafting a young guy and waiting. Just grab these guys that are FA who now how to play the spot. 

14 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I hope Douglas keeps the same strategy.. offense/help ZW early then defense later on

The more I look at this draft class the more I hate it. i don't see any really play makers in this class. The only 2 guys I like are Stingley and the center for Iowa. Other than that these guys are middle of the road depth guys. This sucks because we have a chance to have 2 picks in the top 10. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The more I look at this draft class the more I hate it. i don't see any really play makers in this class. The only 2 guys I like are Stingley and the center for Iowa. Other than that these guys are middle of the road depth guys. This sucks because we have a chance to have 2 picks in the top 10. 

There’s actually a good amount of OL talent. So we should take advantage of that and continue to build the OL. And the CB class is pretty good as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s actually a good amount of OL talent. So we should take advantage of that and continue to build the OL. And the CB class is pretty good as well.

I like the edge and WR group a bit too. Wouldn’t be against taking another WR in the 2nd if the value is there

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I like the edge and WR group a bit too. Wouldn’t be against taking another WR in the 2nd if the value is there

If the Jets take a WR in rounds one or two, everyone would expect him to start. Assuming LePew gets his head out of his *** and plays Mims, we should have a potential WR core of Davis, Mims and Moore as starters. Why spend a second on a non starter when we have needs all over the place?  Take a WR in round 3 or later with the idea of having him be a Davis or Mims replacement. That’s how Pitt does it and it has worked well.

Draft starters in the first two rounds. We are not talent-rich enough to start drafting backups and replacements that high just yet. 

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk