College Football: 2023-24

rickyt31

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

That's likely going to happen any way.  We don't have to replace all 5. We just need to replace 2. Via draft or free agency,  they definitely will be replaced. So we'll be able to fix the OL and get a RB if we wanted to.  

This isn't directed at you but I want people to really look at the OL of the winning teams. There are a lot more mid to late round picks starting for some of these lines than people think. 

I want us to jump on a top-2 center early,  but I can wait until the 2nd or 3rd for a RG if the talent is there. 

2023 is going to be a much stronger RB class. Rather see TE addressed this year with some FA stop gap solution at RB. 

18 hours ago, xrade said:

Who will fill in for Becton when he goes down. Notice I said when not if.  Just keep Fant unless JD wants to go FA crazy which I doubt he does. 

Such a better pick than Wirfs 😂

I was big time critical of Becton. And I thought Wirfs should’ve been the pick there. So I hate to say I told some I told you so…… but here we are

57 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

2023 is going to be a much stronger RB class. Rather see TE addressed this year with some FA stop gap solution at RB. 

We're going to have $80M in cap space and 7 picks in the top-4 rounds. We can find a TE & RB to pair with Carter if we wanted to. 

Definitely shouldn't wait 2 years for any position. The talent level could drop and players could face major injuries by then and the class won't look as strong. It even happens with draft classes a year later. You get the good players when you can. 

44 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We're going to have $80M in cap space and 7 picks in the top-4 rounds. We can find a TE & RB to pair with Carter if we wanted to. 

Definitely shouldn't wait 2 years for any position. The talent level could drop and players could face major injuries by then and the class won't look as strong. It even happens with draft classes a year later. You get the good players when you can. 

Ya but there’s so many DTs we can draft with those picks to trade away later

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

That's likely going to happen any way.  We don't have to replace all 5. We just need to replace 2

Yeah, we thought that prior to this season too. At this point I will reserve judgement until they actually play well. I am not buying into the “on paper” crap with this team anymore. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I was big time critical of Becton. And I thought Wirfs should’ve been the pick there. So I hate to say I told some I told you so…… but here we are

To be honest, I was a little concerned about Becton because he was not a lights out LT at Louisville. I was also concerned with his size of being too big. As for Wirfs, do you really believe he would be as good at LT on this team as opposed to RT on a Tom Brady led team?  Apples to oranges. 

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

To be honest, I was a little concerned about Becton because he was not a lights out LT at Louisville. I was also concerned with his size of being too big. As for Wirfs, do you really believe he would be as good at LT on this team as opposed to RT on a Tom Brady led team?  Apples to oranges. 

For me he was that guy who “looks” great Bc of his size. But clearly his size is what keeps him injured. Where Wirfs was such a safer pick

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Becton was the last one out of the Tackles that I wanted and I was dying for CeeDee over him.  I wanted Thomas and Wills.  I jumped on the hype train after his great season but he needs to change his attitude and work harder.