2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

10 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Apologies, it is NextGem, not nextgem.  Apparently, it is for private crap or whatever. 

Still, I don't know if JD will actually draft S or converted LB in 1st or 2nd with the way he has approached S, value wise.  Smith is intriguing and would make sense a ton if Mosely didn't show up.

I may keep checking on South Carolina's pass rushers.

It depends on the player. He watched the difference Ed Reed made for his Ravens and the division rival Steelers. This kid is really good. This year will be a prove year for him, but he was also graded high as a freshman.  I'm not expecting selecting him in the top-10, but I can see with the sea pick. 

I checked out Ronnie Rivers and Kyle Philips' games last night.

UCLA qb overthrew Philips for a touchdown despite he was open. Pathetic.   He ended up catching 2 footballs for measly 12 yards.

Rivers ran 13 times for 58 yards and caught twice for 66 yards including 61 yard TD.

Yeah, DTR might hurt Phillip's chances of being a high prospect going into the draft. Maybe great news for us if we keep him on our list. 

I want to be locked in on DE this draft class, but Mosely(contract) is the only starter outside of the Dline that we know will be back after this season. So it really depends on the talent available to us. 

If he was eligible, I would say keep a close eye on Darnell Washington, TE from Georgia. He's going to explode this season. 

My favorites in the positions we might need so far: 

DE: Myjai Sanders (CIN)

LB: Brandon Smith (PSU)

CB: Still comparing 

SS/FS: Kyle Hamilton(ND)

TE: Wydermyer or Washington 

RG: Marquis Hayes (Oklahoma)

C : Luke Matthews (Tex A&M)

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk