2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

19 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we are looking at two top 7 picks things will get interesting.  I don't think we need OT, I'd rather grab a vet and seal it with Linderbaum.  We could trade back and easily get a 2nd or future pick.

We need talent. Not more picks. Grab a top talent if there. I think at the end of the day we win 1-2 more games and SEA wins 2-3 more. I think we end up around the 6-8 range with our pick and around 10-12 with SEA.

Hard to tell how the board will fall… but I’m happy with grabbing the best defensive player that falls to us with our 1st (assuming one of Keyvon, Hutchinson or Stingley fall to us. I don’t value S enough to choose Hamilton). Otherwise I say go Neal at OT there. He’s a star OT. But I do love the idea of Linderbaum with that 2nd 1st. But we need talent more so than filling holes. So if it happens where we draft Neal at 7 and Linderbaum at 11… I’d love that. Ya the defense would need a lot of work. But we’d be set on the OL for a decade. Any RB can succeed behind that. And Wilson being protected wouldn’t be an issue. Yea I prefer to balance out the draft more. But grab the best talent. Not just fill holes. When you’re rebuilding… talent is needed more so than anything. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We need talent. Not more picks. Grab a top talent if there. I think at the end of the day we win 1-2 more games and SEA wins 2-3 more. I think we end up around the 6-8 range with our pick and around 10-12 with SEA.

Hard to tell how the board will fall… but I’m happy with grabbing the best defensive player that falls to us with our 1st (assuming one of Keyvon, Hutchinson or Stingley fall to us. I don’t value S enough to choose Hamilton). Otherwise I say go Neal at OT there. He’s a star OT. But I do love the idea of Linderbaum with that 2nd 1st. But we need talent more so than filling holes. So if it happens where we draft Neal at 7 and Linderbaum at 11… I’d love that. Ya the defense would need a lot of work. But we’d be set on the OL for a decade. Any RB can succeed behind that. And Wilson being protected wouldn’t be an issue. Yea I prefer to balance out the draft more. But grab the best talent. Not just fill holes. When you’re rebuilding… talent is needed more so than anything. 

I mean, Neal and Linderbaum is incredible too.  I'm expecting us to be able to get Hutchinson though.

I think a vet OT, resign the doctor, draft Linderbaum, draft a RG and/or OT. 

Stingley is the last one I want.  Our CBs are solid and compete.

11 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I mean, Neal and Linderbaum is incredible too.  I'm expecting us to be able to get Hutchinson though.

I think a vet OT, resign the doctor, draft Linderbaum, draft a RG and/or OT. 

Stingley is the last one I want.  Our CBs are solid and compete.

I think Hall is legit and we’re good in the slot with Guidry and MC2. But to have a star CB along with them would be great. I just don’t think we suck enough to be in position for Hutchinson (I actually think Hutch passes Keyvon in pre draft). So by all means I’m down with drafting any one of Hutch, Keyvon or Stingley.

BUT… what if they’re all 3 gone by our pick? Which I think is very likely to happen. Just go offense? Or go a route like Karlaftis?

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Hall is legit and we’re good in the slot with Guidry and MC2. But to have a star CB along with them would be great. I just don’t think we suck enough to be in position for Hutchinson (I actually think Hutch passes Keyvon in pre draft). So by all means I’m down with drafting any one of Hutch, Keyvon or Stingley.

BUT… what if they’re all 3 gone by our pick? Which I think is very likely to happen. Just go offense? Or go a route like Karlaftis?

Depends how the rest of the season and off season goes.  I'd rather Jermaine Johnson but is he worth that high?

21 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Depends how the rest of the season and off season goes.  I'd rather Jermaine Johnson but is he worth that high?

I mean where we’re picking changes a lot. I can with confidence say we won’t have 2 picks in the top 5 like we do now. 

For top pick, I am still on the fence about which one Jets will like best.

1- Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge

2- Aidan Hutchinson, Edge

3- Kyle Hamilton, Safety/ Weakside Linebacker

Hutchinson has changed his weight depending on defensive coordinator's plan for per season throughout the college period.  When I watched him to play in open space I think he should stay at DE full time so he shall add some good weights for Saleh's defense. 

Thibodeaux can add some extra weights to spell in LE when Wide 9 is called for or stay there at RE all the way.  Hutchinson should be used in either end or both depending what scheme is used.

Yes, I ignore Carl Lawson because he may play about 30-45 percent of snap or maybe more, depending on how effective he will be with healed legs.   That percent is not enough for defense strategy so adding solid edge when the value is right is necessary.

Jets' secondary is bad because of intelligence and instinct issues, not raw talents.  Jets may need to add a veteran or two for part time role.  Right now, I am counting on Lamarcus Joyner to be on the team next season so adding another legit S is required.  It is either veteran or off the charts talent like Hamilton.

I understand Joe Douglas may not like to pay a lot of money to S but if Hamilton's character and skill set are unmatched he should stay with Jets beyond the rookie contract. Period.  Hamilton can move to WLB once CJ Mosley's contract expires.  JD may be okay with high priced LB instead of S. 

Evan Neal may be the darkhorse for JD.  Remember that it is injury that keeps Becton out of LT, not performance or talent.  If JD stays with Becton at LT then Neal is out as there will be a plenty of OT available in 2nd or 3rd round that can man RT.  If Jets are prepared for Becton to flush out rookie contract then taking Neal makes sense as Jets may move Becton around to see if he sticks, health-wise.

Edited by JetsandI

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Who do you think is the most exciting/electric player in the draft? Normally I find one, but I haven't came across anyone yet. There are a lot of good players, but who do you see with the big play maker feel?

Thibs, Hutchinson and Hamilton. 

• Like 2

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk