2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

Regarding TE, I don't think Jets would draft TE in first 3 rounds. No problem if they did but just in case.

Tre McBride had the blast year with 90 receptions for over 1k yards. huh?  With solid scouting performance results, he shouldn't remain available for day 3.   Perhaps grabbing him in late 3rd round and be done with it?

Cole Turner may be an issue with inline blocking duty due to his catching ability. I don't know if Jets actually eye him for future as we already have  Kenny Yeboah but his arm length and body adjustment are enticing as well as jumping skill.

Jelani Woods needs to run 4.85 to keep his value from growing.  His physical attributes and athleticism are outstanding. No question about it.  Also, he has frame to be inline blocker even though I am not sure if he is a natural blocker at next level.

24 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I do have my concerns about him as a 43 DE, but passing up on him would be hard

What would those concerns be?  I have not really seen him play, but stat-wise, he is on par with Hutchinson. I have seen Hutch play and he is a worthy selection with our first FRP. 

6 hours ago, xrade said:

What would those concerns be?  I have not really seen him play, but stat-wise, he is on par with Hutchinson. I have seen Hutch play and he is a worthy selection with our first FRP. 

I know he's been hurt, but I'm not really impressed with his pass rushing technique.  He's basically been the last 2 seasons. The injuries got me wondering if he can take on OT's from a 43 position.  Also, is he ranked high because of his freshman year and we're all assuming how good he would have been without the injury? I really have to watch more of him. I like him, just debating if I like him as a top-5 pick or not. 

15 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I know he's been hurt, but I'm not really impressed with his pass rushing technique.  He's basically been the last 2 seasons. The injuries got me wondering if he can take on OT's from a 43 position.  Also, is he ranked high because of his freshman year and we're all assuming how good he would have been without the injury? I really have to watch more of him. I like him, just debating if I like him as a top-5 pick or not. 

Gotcha. Like I said I have not seen him play. His stats and media coverage says he is worthy of a top pick. I have seen Hutch. His play against top O’s would be my pick with our first FRP. 

• Like 1

If Jets ended up making two top 10 picks, there would no Linderbaum for Jets.  Guaranteed.

I don't know about 15th-18th overall pick after trade but I can see Jets heat up Linderbaum's name in 20th-24th overall pick discussion.

Regarding LB, it is tough call as there will be many LB prospects that may fit specific roles Jets are looking for.  I have tried to collect more information about Montana State's Troy Anderson, a former wildcat qb who converted to FCS's most standout LB.   His draft status may reach top 75-100 mark.

I believe that draft scouts have come into same thinking as Aiden Hutchinson has been as durable as hell to show off many stuffs on the field.   I won't fight that as I am on board for Hutchinson as first pass rusher off the board.   Now, as for second one off the board, it is up to debate.  

That is why I am prepared for Kyle Hamilton after Hutchinson.  

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I believe that draft scouts have come into same thinking as Aiden Hutchinson has been as durable as hell to show off many stuffs on the field.   I won't fight that as I am on board for Hutchinson as first pass rusher off the board.   Now, as for second one off the board, it is up to debate.  

That is why I am prepared for Kyle Hamilton after Hutchinson.  

I see ya coming out of our pick with either Hutchinson (not likely bc I think he’s gone by our pick), Kayvon or Stingley. I can’t see all 3 gone by our pick. I dislike drafting Stingley the most out of those. And that’s not bc I don’t think he’s good. I just think he’s a risk with how little he’s played. Where a guy like Sauce is proven for years. That doesn’t mean I won’t like drafting Stingley bc he is a great player and worthy of a pick that high. It’s more that I don’t think he’s a can’t miss player.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I see ya coming out of our pick with either Hutchinson (not likely bc I think he’s gone by our pick), Kayvon or Stingley. I can’t see all 3 gone by our pick. I dislike drafting Stingley the most out of those. And that’s not bc I don’t think he’s good. I just think he’s a risk with how little he’s played. Where a guy like Sauce is proven for years. That doesn’t mean I won’t like drafting Stingley bc he is a great player and worthy of a pick that high. It’s more that I don’t think he’s a can’t miss player.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/new-york-jets-shouldnt-pick-lsu-cornerback-derek-stingley-jr-nfl-draft

Thoughts?

For me, I think Jets should play the value card on him.

Edited by JetsandI

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk