Jump to content

College Football: 2021-22


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

A swing tackle that cost $10m though..?  McGovern and Fant would save $9m EACH next year if cut. $3.5m for GVR

I certainly see your point. However, who will be the first OT to enter the game when Becton goes down? Edoga?  Not comforting if you’re Zach. We have cap room next year. I just don’t see the point in replacing 2 serviceable players with rookies when we have a lot more to concern ourselves with. If you include a new RG (presumably), that would be a new RG and C. I’d rather pay for the continuity than go cheap with the unknown at this stage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2021 at 4:07 PM, JetsandI said:

I would expect Fant to start RT. If Becton is down, Fant moves to LT as Moses steps in at RT.   Just because being a swing tackle certainly doesn't mean it is limited to a back up material only.  

And that is my point. If Fant is cut next year, we would have to spend a high pick on OT so we are not left with just Edoga about r a late round pick. This has nothing to do with the current situation in which I advocate for keeping Fant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, xrade said:

And that is my point. If Fant is cut next year, we would have to spend a high pick on OT so we are not left with just Edoga about r a late round pick. This has nothing to do with the current situation in which I advocate for keeping Fant.

 

I honestly don't look at either Fant or Moses' situation to determine where Jets should draft OT.   OT should remain one of high priority for Jets.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Right there OT is his future in pro.🤭

 

Anyway, his body movement is nice.  Shame that OKST had no use for him.

He's at Virginia and just went off for 122yds. lol 

I'm only looking this deep into TEs because it's one out of 3 positions on offense I know we are likely going to need. Completely different on defense. I'm not sure if there is a position they shouldn't touch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Just in case if you're still wondering why I haven't crowned Stingley as my favorite CB in the draft -> 

 

100% he was incredible last year as well. Elam is a guy to keep an eye on as well. But based on week 1… we need OL still more than CB

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

100% he was incredible last year as well. Elam is a guy to keep an eye on as well. But based on week 1… we need OL still more than CB

If we're only going by week 1, of course. It all depends on where we are picking and if the talent is there. We have 2 first round picks. It's very likely we're going to use those picks on both sides of the ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If we're only going by week 1, of course. It all depends on where we are picking and if the talent is there. We have 2 first round picks. It's very likely we're going to use those picks on both sides of the ball. 

I agree. But if you ask me… JD clearly values OL more so than CB. So the likelihood of us using 1st rounders on a guy are on OL right now. It’s also a very good OL class. So that’s good for us. The edge class is actually what seems pretty weak

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. But if you ask me… JD clearly values OL more so than CB. So the likelihood of us using 1st rounders on a guy are on OL right now. It’s also a very good OL class. So that’s good for us. The edge class is actually what seems pretty weak

I agree about JD, but as you mentioned, it is only week one. A lot of these prospects on both sides can start showing flaws and drop in rankings by the end of the season. It happens every year. I was rooting for us to draft Ben Cleveland for like 2 years. No one is wrong for wanting to go oline at all. I just don't want to assume early or force a position. Don't want to end up like the Rams did years ago when they picked Robinson over Khalil Mack. It's all about comparing the talent out of the needs for me. 

Edited by rickyt31
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...