College Football: 2023-24

rickyt31

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree about JD, but as you mentioned, it is only week one. A lot of these prospects on both sides can start showing flaws and drop in rankings by the end of the season. It happens every year. I was rooting for us to draft Ben Cleveland for like 2 years. No one is wrong for wanting to go oline at all. I just don't want to assume early or force a position. Don't want to end up like the Rams did years ago when they picked Robinson over Khalil Mack. It's all about comparing the talent out of the needs for me. 

I assume OL early again only Bc if our OL situation with the whole right side being FAs or likely cuts. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I assume OL early again only Bc if our OL situation with the whole right side being FAs or likely cuts. 

Yeah, I think it's definitely going to happen in the first. I have a few names I like for IOL. I just need them to continue to look good and worth picking early. I like Moses as a RT. So my attention is RG and C. 

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I have yet to get to know of him but I hear his strength is in serious question. 

Hes not the biggest center, but ive never seen anybody manhandle him.  In his college career he’s only allowed 4 pressures.  And we want to be a ZBS style oline which is supposed to be more dependent on athleticism and if he actually performs to these numbers when the lights or on at the combine or pro day, he is arguably the most athletic center of all time.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:25 PM, Abe56 said:

Hes not the biggest center, but ive never seen anybody manhandle him.  In his college career he’s only allowed 4 pressures.  And we want to be a ZBS style oline which is supposed to be more dependent on athleticism and if he actually performs to these numbers when the lights or on at the combine or pro day, he is arguably the most athletic center of all time.

Interesting.  Let's hope it is not just an athleticism.  

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Wouldn’t mind with all the picks we have next year drafting an RB with one of our 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds. Highly doubt Carter does anything this year to say he’s it for us

Seriously?

We need RG, C, TE, PASS RUSH, LB, S badly, maybe RT, have an injury prone LT.  We have way bigger needs and Carter is someone who could have easily gone in the 2nd or 3rd round.  I'm hoping for a Cam Akers like season where once he gets the start late in the season he goes off.

28 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Seriously?

We need RG, C, TE, PASS RUSH, LB, S badly, maybe RT, have an injury prone LT.  We have way bigger needs and Carter is someone who could have easily gone in the 2nd or 3rd round.  I'm hoping for a Cam Akers like season where once he gets the start late in the season he goes off.

We have 4 picks. I’m all about continuing to build the OL. And it’s too early to tell with some of our other spots. Is CB a high drafted pick need with the way these young CBs played last week? Is edge a need if JFM, Huff and Shaq look decent this season and Carl Lawson returning? I personally don’t value LB enough to warrant a pick really high. I know that’s how most feel about RB. But that’s how I view LB. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I personally don’t value LB enough to warrant a pick really high. I know that’s how most feel about RB. But that’s how I view LB. 

But is that how JD and the coaching staff feels?  I get the feeling the opposite is true with them.  Since they run a RBBC, they may not invest high in a part time player.  At least not yet.  I get that same vibe regarding draft value with CB and TE as well.

As of right now, I can see OL, S and Edge being top picks next year.  Maybe iDL if Q does not vastly improve.

22 minutes ago, xrade said:

But is that how JD and the coaching staff feels?  I get the feeling the opposite is true with them.  Since they run a RBBC, they may not invest high in a part time player.  At least not yet.  I get that same vibe regarding draft value with CB and TE as well.

As of right now, I can see OL, S and Edge being top picks next year.  Maybe iDL if Q does not vastly improve.

Not sure. It’s clear to me they’re prioritizing offense. With our high picks all bring that the last 2 drafts.