2021 Official Steelers Schedule Thread and Record Predictions

The Steelers will open their 2021 season in Buffalo. New York

SteelersBillsPlayoffs.jpg

NFL Season Week One : On September 12, 2021 @ 1 pm the Steelers will visit the Bills.

I think that is three or four straight years of opening on the road for the Steelers.

It's a new year, but that is a tough way to start things off. 

Right now the Bills will be favored barring anything out of the ordinary or an injury.  

After last year's endings by both teams it's looking like 0-1 early for my Steelers.  But, it isn't how you start, but rather how you finish. Yep! 🤓😬 If I tell myself that enough times between today and kick-off it may make a difference.

Rumored:

Steeler @ Bills week 1

Steelers @ Packers week 4

Steelers vs. Broncos week 5

Steelers @ Minnesota week 14 (TNF)

Steelers vs. Browns week 17 (MNF)

TNF Seahawks @ Steelers week #6

MNF Bears @ Steelers week #9

Weeks and Games                           Early Prediction

1. Away vs. Bills                                           0-1                       Bills have had the Steelers number and match up well

2. Home vs. Raiders                                   1-1                       Tough game, but home team typically wins this series

3. Home vs. Bengals                                  2-1                       Tic Toc Revenge Bowl for Ben and Ju Ju

4. Away vs. Packers                                   2-2 (assuming A-A-Ron plays) Steelers typically play Packers well

5. Home vs. Broncos                                  3-2                       Went on a limb here. I'm 50/50, but taking the home team

6. Home vs. Seahawks                             4-2                        Should have beat Seattle last game. Typically home team rules.

7. Bye Week                                                    N/A                       Providing No Covid changes 

8. Away vs. Browns                                    4-3                        Hard fought game that Browns win at home! That's three in a row!

9. Home vs. Bears (MNF)                         5-3                        Tough game that Monday Night helps Steelers pull out.

10. Home vs. Knee Cap Biter Lions     6-3                         Najee high steps the knee biters.

11. Away vs. Chargers                              6-4                          This is a back and forth series. I gotta take hot QB and home team

12. Away vs. Bengals                                7-4                           Bengals fight and claw, but Steelers pull it out at home

13. Home vs. Ravens                                8-4                            Revenge of the Pandemic. Game played as scheduled & Steelers pull major                                                                                                                       home upset

14. Away vs. Vikings (TNF)                   8-5                             Just when we start believing, back to reality with a Vikings win

15. Home vs. Titans                                  9-5                             We welcome Bud back to the Burgh and Ben avoids him. Steelers win

16. Away vs. Chiefs                                   9-6                             Defense put to the test and offense tries to slow game down. Chiefs in a                                                                                                                             close one

17. Home vs. Browns (MNF)                10-6                              Browns a bit cocky after winning last three games and get spanked in the                                                                                                                         Burgh. Same ole' Steelers!

18. Away vs. Ravens                               10-7                               Same ole Ravens beat the Steelers in finale and win division.

Early preseason prediction is Steelers going 10-7 (11-6 if no A-A-Ron vs. Green Bay) and finishing as a WC

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Adding To Schedule as Updates come
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Steeler @ Bills week 1

Steelers @ Packers week 4

I was kinda joking about my projection of the schedule in the other thread about having all 5 of our toughest games being scheduled in the first 5 weeks, looks like it might happen!

I say kinda joking....because I actually do want it to happen. New OC, completely new style of how we play on offense, new line, new focus....it's going to take time to gel. So why not gel and struggle against the toughest teams? Dropping a game to the Chiefs isn't as impactful as dropping a game to the Bengals/Lions/Bears. 

• Like 1

I think 0-1 is strong possibility. Despite last year's undefeated string, there were issues with this team, and they historically start slow.

That said, I am excited to see what Najee can do in the pros. I think he gives the team a real chance to contend as a balanced attack.

I think the D will be less effective than last year without Dupree opposite TJ. I have hopes for Highsmith, but not very high.

• Like 1

Im not a conspiracy person by any means, but if the NFL gives us a week 4-8 by week after last years Covid challenges that seemed to most affect our games, I'll join someones "the NFL hates us" bandwagon. 

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The league should do two byes anyway

I haven't been able to figure out why they wouldnt want to. It would extend the year by another week, giving more opportunity for extra prime time games and ad revenues. 

The amount of games doesn't change, so i guess the total amount of airtime/ad revenue time doesn't change, but I would think being able to offer an additional CBS/Fox national game and having additional Thursday Night, Sunday Night, and Monday night games would be a much bigger revenue stream. 

I guess what I really think they are doing is holding that for the 18th game in the next CBA. "Fine, you can have your second bye, but we get an 18th game!"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Im not a conspiracy person by any means, but if the NFL gives us a week 4-8 by week after last years Covid challenges that seemed to most affect our games, I'll join someones "the NFL hates us" bandwagon. 

We haven't had a week 1 home opener since 2014 and every other team has had at least 2.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, August4th said:

I see 10-7

I just updated my initial thread with the teams and my predictions and ironically came up with the same thing. I will say a very optimistic, but possible 11-6 if no A-A-Ron in GB. Steelers typically play them well, but I gotta take GB at home in that one. I see WC and hopefully a more battle tested and under the radar team that pulls an upset or two. Once in the play-offs anything is possible! Can this team stay healthy and the offense and defense play to compliment one another? If so, they have a shot.  Defense may have some early struggles as they may miss Bud (not that Highsmith won't play well). Hopefully they sign a veteran to rotate at the OLB (I am on the Ryan Kerrigan bandwagon). If the defense comes along late and the offense can become more balanced, they have a shot at competing. 

Edited by Steeler Hitman