Packers Sign Aaron Rodgers Replacement, Blake Bortles

Norm

They arent throwing Love to the wolves in any case this year.   If Rodgers isn't here or gets traded Bortles takes over.  Love is just going to develop on the second team all year.  The vet Bortles will only get practice snaps if Rodgers isnt in GB or gets hurt.

Its all about developing Love on the second team all year and protect him from getting too much too soon.  Letting him marinade on the second team.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 2

Just now, Norm said:

Why are we so positive he can't play this year at all though?

I see your point.  Burrow and Herbert came in without any real problems.  I think they like the tools, but just want to develop his decision making and ability to read defenses better.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I see your point.  Burrow and Herbert came in without any real problems.  I think they like the tools, but just want to develop his decision making and ability to read defenses better.  

And I would be fine with that to some degree. Having to watch Bortles all year seems awful though lol

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

We now have the ideal QB situation. MVP starter, experienced backup with strong knowledge of the offensive concepts, and a young QB to develop. What's not to like?

One is a giant baby

• Like 1

I was just watching Bortles college highlights to see what made him a first rounder. Its not hard to see why, capable of throwing deep and making plays with his feet. Somewhat a more athletic Roethlisberger if you will if that's a fair comparison.

The ability to extend plays with his feet is quite Rodgers-like so it provides the offence with some continuity in terms of playing style. It's probably one of the main reasons why we chose him over Mullens. Having actual NFL and playoff experience, knowing the similar style Rams offence and our offensive coordinator all certainly did not hurt.

As far as street FA QBs go...he's probably the very best one on the market. Can't complain at all, this is Gute doing his job properly under unwelcome circumstances. However I really hope Love starts over Bortles when the push comes to a shove. I am extremely excited by his arm talent and I really hope he will get the opportunity to showcase it.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1