Devante Adams watch thread

Humble_Beast

On 7/4/2021 at 4:28 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

I've always said if Carr was on the Bears they would be an annual playoff team that would also be going deep into the playoffs. 

It's a shame that we have never been able to see what Carr can really do because he has been burdened by a terrible HC/GM combination since he arrived here.  Terrible drafting and FA signings have put us near the bottom of the league YOY in terms of talent.  It all starts with the draft which we have failed miserably at.  We desperately need an influx of elite talent and while we have had the draft capital for that influx RM, MM and Gruden all have failed the Raider Nation miserably.  

Did the defense make Carr play like doo doo the last 6 weeks of the previous 2 seasons? 

In 2020 the Falcons, Dolphins, and Colts games were must wins if we wanted to make the playoffs. 

Against the Colts the defense held them to 3 on their first possession, Carr went 3 and out which gave the Colts the ball back a minute later and they scored to go up 10-0. Carr led the team to a TD, then the defense forced a 3 and out, we scored again to go up 14-10. Colts got the ball back and scored to go up 17-14, we got the ball back and Carr threw an interception, then our defense forced a FG so we went into half time down 20-14. We got the ball back to start the second half, Carr drove us down the field but we settled for 3 so it was 20-17. Colts marched down the field for a TD to go up 27-17, we drove down the field and settled for 3 again making it 27-20. Colts drove and scored again to go up 34-20, we got the ball back and turned it over after 2 plays, and the defense held them to another FG going up 37-20. On our next possession Carr threw a pick 6 that allowed Indy to go up 44-20. 

Against the Falcons our defense held the Falcons to 6 points on their first 5 possessions. On our first 7 possessions in the first half we scored 3 points, Carr turned the ball over twice, and we couldn't sustain any long drives. The Falcons were able to score a FG and TD after our offense turned the ball over and had a 3 and out, giving them a 16-3 lead at the end of the first half. We got the ball to start the second half, had another 3 and out, then our defense held the Falcons to a 3 and out. On our next possession Carr threw a pick 6, putting them up 23-3. We were able to get to the ATL 5 yard line on our next drive but settled for 3 going down 23-6, then they marched down the field to go up 30-6. On our next possession we turned the ball over again and our defense held them to 3 points again. The following possession Carr turned it over again  and the Falcons scored on a short field, now 40-6. We finished with another short drive, our defense held them to 3 points again, 43-6 final score. 

Against the Dolphins we settled for FG in the red zone 4 times and our defense held them to 26 points yet we still lost. 

In 2019 against the Jets our 13 drives resulted in a FG, punt, missed FG, punt, punt, turnover on downs, interception, punt, fumble, punt, punt, punt and we lost 34-3 against one of the worst teams in the league. 

Against a horrible Jaguars team, the last game in Oakland, our second half possessions resulted in punt, punt, missed FG, and turnover as time expired. We lost 20-16 against one of the worst teams in the league because our offense couldn't get anything going. 

Against a good Titans team we were tied 21-21 at half. Our 6 second half possessions resulted in punt, punt, punt, fumble, punt, turn over on downs. We ran 31 plays for a total of 161 yards and 0 points, including three 3 and outs on possessions that lasted less than 2 minutes. And that was against about a league average defense, hard to expect the defense to perform when the offense can't sustain drives. 

But yeah none of it's Carr's fault. @Frankie2Gunz

Edited by NYRaider

On 7/4/2021 at 10:33 AM, Jerry said:

My favorite part of this thread is how it's the Devante Adams Watch Thread and we're talking about Derek Carr and Warren Moon.

This....flipping ridiculous. Haven’t been on here in 4 days and this thread is hijacked even more. Lol and smh. Btw thanks HB for actually posting about davante!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Absolutely. My son played center through college. He watched film just as much as the QB in order to call the correct blocking assignments. I'd put LT up there also.

Yup plus fastest way to the qb is up the middle so centers imo very undervalued 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

This....flipping ridiculous. Haven’t been on here in 4 days and this thread is hijacked even more. Lol and smh. Btw thanks HB for actually posting about davante!

Lol read the op he trollingly started this tread because someone started that arod watch thread. He knew what he was doing lol

On 7/2/2021 at 4:47 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

That wasn't me.  When he plays well I give him props and when he plays bad I will call him out.  

Considering how terrible our D was last year and how little proven talent he had to work with on O I feel that Carr had a fantastic year, a better year than Brady would have had with our team. 

Show one post where you did this. If you can, I'll eat crow.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/davante-adams-rumors-derek-carr-says-ideal-scenario-is-to-beat-packers-in-super-bowl-then-recruit-receiver/

"I'm gonna offer him whatever I gotta offer. I'll buy him a car, whatever I've got to do I'll offer that man. I know he would fit in great with the receivers we have here. He would fit so well in that room. I'm allowed to say those things. Our organization isn't, but I'm going to say it. He's my best friend, I think he's one of the best -- he's the best receiver in the NFL."

• Like 2

"I love Derek to death," Adams recently told ABC 30 in Central California. "We've got a great friendship and we still communicate really, really consistently. He's one of my best friends. Obviously, it would be a dream to be able to play with him, but I'm a Packer now. Until that point when we make that decision, I guess we just got to, we'll see what happens."

Little know fact, Devante Adams grew up in the Bay Area and is a die hard Raider fan growing up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/davante-adams-rumors-derek-carr-says-ideal-scenario-is-to-beat-packers-in-super-bowl-then-recruit-receiver/

"I'm gonna offer him whatever I gotta offer. I'll buy him a car, whatever I've got to do I'll offer that man. I know he would fit in great with the receivers we have here. He would fit so well in that room. I'm allowed to say those things. Our organization isn't, but I'm going to say it. He's my best friend, I think he's one of the best -- he's the best receiver in the NFL."

Obviously would love it. Cant see GB letting him go next year. 

42 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

"I love Derek to death," Adams recently told ABC 30 in Central California. "We've got a great friendship and we still communicate really, really consistently. He's one of my best friends. Obviously, it would be a dream to be able to play with him, but I'm a Packer now. Until that point when we make that decision, I guess we just got to, we'll see what happens."

Little know fact, Devante Adams grew up in the Bay Area and is a die hard Raider fan growing up.

Adams is from epa I know his family he’s a real one frfr 

10 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Show one post where you did this. If you can, I'll eat crow.

Do you really think I'm going to waste my time digging through thousands of post on a game day thread trying to find a post saying, "that was not a good throw"?  They're out there but I'll let you waste your time. Lol

I will give you two criticisms I have with Carr.  He needs to have better ball security and I wish he would use his legs more.   

Edited by Frankie2Gunz