Devante Adams watch thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Do you really think I'm going to waste my time digging through thousands of post on a game day thread trying to find a post saying, "that was not a good throw"?  They're out there but I'll let you waste your time. Lol

I will give you two criticisms I have with Carr.  He needs to have better ball security and I wish he would use his legs more.   

It's unanimous now.  @Humble_Beast you better not disagree or we will have to send message after message to you about it until you submit.  

32 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It's unanimous now.  @Humble_Beast you better not disagree or we will have to send message after message to you about it until you submit.  

Submit about what?  The fact that he needs to cut down on fumbles and run more if the opportunity presents itself?  Has anyone ever said they want him to fumble more and run less? 

You and @NYRaider may have the most worthless spammy posts on here that only you two can agree upon.  YOY Carr is our Qb and it cracks me up to see you guys continuously try to convince everyone that your take is right and we need to move on from Carr.  You two really need to go back to football 101.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Submit about what?  The fact that he needs to cut down on fumbles and run more if the opportunity presents itself?  Has anyone ever said they want him to fumble more and run less? 

You and @NYRaider may have the most worthless spammy posts on here that only you two can agree upon.  YOY Carr is our Qb and it cracks me up to see you guys continuously try to convince everyone that your take is right and we need to move on from Carr.  You two really need to go back to football 101.

Come on dude your argument consist of digging up guys from 30 yrs ago like warren moon, Dan fouts etc lol at least the blkinblack dude keeps it real. While Y’all be purposely forgetting the atl game.

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It was a joke and I have said nothing about moving on from Carr for over a year with the exception of "IF we improve the defense and we still can not win in the playoffs because Carr can not play well in cold weather we should move on."  I think everyone agrees that if he is the one holding us back we should move on but I have not said he is the one holding us back.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Come on dude your argument consist of digging up guys from 30 yrs ago like warren moon, Dan fouts etc lol at least the blkinblack dude keeps it real. While Y’all be purposely forgetting the atl game.

Serious question then (not aimed at you since as far as I know, you've not brought him up):

Why do so many people give Matthew Stafford so much credit when he and Carr have very similar performances? Don't get me wrong, the fumbles suck and need to be cleaned up, but when it comes to overall production, Carr is on a very similar trajectory in terms of yards and tds with a lower int %. 

Again, not to gloss over the fumbles- they 100% need to get cleaned up. But the anti-Carr camp seems bent on him being in the bottom half of the league, while I see an awful lot of love for Stafford who has had far better weapons for much of his career (ironic that Detroit's D is also usually their biggest problem too, lol). 

It just seems to me that while the pro-Carr camp may be guilty of over-hyping him or using context to mask a bad game here or there, the anti-Carr camp goes a lot further in their belief that he's utterly incapable of being a team's starting QB and should be promptly replaced. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Serious question then (not aimed at you since as far as I know, you've not brought him up):

Why do so many people give Matthew Stafford so much credit when he and Carr have very similar performances? Don't get me wrong, the fumbles suck and need to be cleaned up, but when it comes to overall production, Carr is on a very similar trajectory in terms of yards and tds with a lower int %. 

Again, not to gloss over the fumbles- they 100% need to get cleaned up. But the anti-Carr camp seems bent on him being in the bottom half of the league, while I see an awful lot of love for Stafford who has had far better weapons for much of his career (ironic that Detroit's D is also usually their biggest problem too, lol). 

It just seems to me that while the pro-Carr camp may be guilty of over-hyping him or using context to mask a bad game here or there, the anti-Carr camp goes a lot further in their belief that he's utterly incapable of being a team's starting QB and should be promptly replaced. 

I do not know what camp I am thought to be in but with the current state of the team Carr is a good QB that needs to improve some areas but there are not a lot of alternatives.  Will be interesting to see how Stafford performs in LA.  Carr and Stafford are very comparable when it comes to level of talent.  They are different when it comes to mentality.  Stafford stayed in a game with a dislocated shoulder.  As far as weapons are concerned I would say Carr maybe has had better surrounding players.  He has played with a pro bowl line most of his career.  Carr I would put in the top 12 QBs with the ability to get to the 5-7 range.  My biggest argument against Carr is his cold weather record and if that will hold us back once we get the rest of the team to a playoff level.  Until we become a playoff team however I do not see him as an issue and is one of the top players on the team.  Last year was he responsible for losing some games? Yes.  Was he responsible for losing enough games to leave us out of the playoffs?  No.  In fact he is the main reason why we had a chance in most of those games.  A top 5 QB would have taken us to the playoffs but unfortunately only five teams can have those type of QBs so right now we should focus on building the team around Carr.  Hopefully the coaching staff recognizes his negative habits and tries to correct them.  In 2021 if the line can hold it together I think Carr will have 6-8 fumbles which is not great but he should be able to improve on last year just based on luck.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not a det fan and I honestly haven’t watched many det games and I honestly don’t care about them. I’ve seen every second of carr for almost 7 years so I feel like I’m qualified to speak on him. Fwiw I always thought stafford was the better prospect in comparison to carr entering the nfl. Even det cut bait with stafford which I respect the hell out of because they weren’t winning and at the end of the day that matters the most imo.

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not a det fan and I honestly haven’t watched many det games and I honestly don’t care about them. I’ve seen every second of carr for almost 7 years so I feel like I’m qualified to speak on him. Fwiw I always thought stafford was the better prospect in comparison to carr entering the nfl. Even det cut bait with stafford which I respect the hell out of because they weren’t winning and at the end of the day that matters the most imo.

Well this severely lacks pretty much all of the context. 

Accepting a trade deal offering a 26 year old QB who was in the Superbowl just 2 years ago, an immediate 3rd round pick and first round picks for the next 2 years in exchange for a 33 year old QB is hardly "cutting bait". 

• Like 3

On 7/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, drfrey13 said:

I do not know what camp I am thought to be in but with the current state of the team Carr is a good QB that needs to improve some areas but there are not a lot of alternatives.  Will be interesting to see how Stafford performs in LA.  Carr and Stafford are very comparable when it comes to level of talent.  They are different when it comes to mentality.  Stafford stayed in a game with a dislocated shoulder.  As far as weapons are concerned I would say Carr maybe has had better surrounding players.  He has played with a pro bowl line most of his career.  Carr I would put in the top 12 QBs with the ability to get to the 5-7 range.  My biggest argument against Carr is his cold weather record and if that will hold us back once we get the rest of the team to a playoff level.  Until we become a playoff team however I do not see him as an issue and is one of the top players on the team.  Last year was he responsible for losing some games? Yes.  Was he responsible for losing enough games to leave us out of the playoffs?  No.  In fact he is the main reason why we had a chance in most of those games.  A top 5 QB would have taken us to the playoffs but unfortunately only five teams can have those type of QBs so right now we should focus on building the team around Carr.  Hopefully the coaching staff recognizes his negative habits and tries to correct them.  In 2021 if the line can hold it together I think Carr will have 6-8 fumbles which is not great but he should be able to improve on last year just based on luck.

This is where I am at as well. I see a much easier path to the playoffs from improving the roster, as opposed to taking a flier on a far from guaranteed qb in the draft, or trading huge assets to get a vet who likely will not be in reach. That being said, I'm fine if we spend a mid round pick on a developmental qb with some mobility. Just not a 1st/2nd round pick.

• Like 2

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is where I am at as well. I see a much easier path to the playoffs from improving the roster, as opposed to taking a flier on a far from guaranteed qb in the draft, or trading huge assets to get a vet who likely will not be in reach. That being said, I'm fine if we spend a mid round pick on a developmental qb with some mobility. Just not a 1st/2nd round pick.

Always a good idea. Mariota won't be here long and Peterman is what he is. I thimk if we'd been able to move Mariota this offseason, we would've targeted someone. 

Post 2021, we cannot have Peterman as our QB2. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Always a good idea. Mariota won't be here long and Peterman is what he is. I thimk if we'd been able to move Mariota this offseason, we would've targeted someone. 

Post 2021, we cannot have Peterman as our QB2. 

We should have moved on from Peterman this year since MM restructured and drafted a developmental QB.  

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would sign that Jamie Newman guy. He could spend a year on the practice squad to see if he can develop into a QB2

Could be an interesting player but I just read he was signed to the Eagles practice squad.  He seems like the opposite of Carr in the pocket.  Will stand strong in the pocket to let plays develop but will also hold onto the ball to long and stare down his primary receiver.