Devante Adams watch thread

Humble_Beast

29 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Could be an interesting player but I just read he was signed to the Eagles practice squad.  He seems like the opposite of Carr in the pocket.  Will stand strong in the pocket to let plays develop but will also hold onto the ball to long and stare down his primary receiver.

I thought he was cut by the Eagles, and is currently a free agent?

On 7/7/2021 at 6:59 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Submit about what?  The fact that he needs to cut down on fumbles and run more if the opportunity presents itself?  Has anyone ever said they want him to fumble more and run less? 

You and @NYRaider may have the most worthless spammy posts on here that only you two can agree upon.  YOY Carr is our Qb and it cracks me up to see you guys continuously try to convince everyone that your take is right and we need to move on from Carr.  You two really need to go back to football 101.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:24 PM, NYRaider said:

Did the defense make Carr play like doo doo the last 6 weeks of the previous 2 seasons? 

In 2020 the Falcons, Dolphins, and Colts games were must wins if we wanted to make the playoffs. 

Against the Colts the defense held them to 3 on their first possession, Carr went 3 and out which gave the Colts the ball back a minute later and they scored to go up 10-0. Carr led the team to a TD, then the defense forced a 3 and out, we scored again to go up 14-10. Colts got the ball back and scored to go up 17-14, we got the ball back and Carr threw an interception, then our defense forced a FG so we went into half time down 20-14. We got the ball back to start the second half, Carr drove us down the field but we settled for 3 so it was 20-17. Colts marched down the field for a TD to go up 27-17, we drove down the field and settled for 3 again making it 27-20. Colts drove and scored again to go up 34-20, we got the ball back and turned it over after 2 plays, and the defense held them to another FG going up 37-20. On our next possession Carr threw a pick 6 that allowed Indy to go up 44-20. 

Against the Falcons our defense held the Falcons to 6 points on their first 5 possessions. On our first 7 possessions in the first half we scored 3 points, Carr turned the ball over twice, and we couldn't sustain any long drives. The Falcons were able to score a FG and TD after our offense turned the ball over and had a 3 and out, giving them a 16-3 lead at the end of the first half. We got the ball to start the second half, had another 3 and out, then our defense held the Falcons to a 3 and out. On our next possession Carr threw a pick 6, putting them up 23-3. We were able to get to the ATL 5 yard line on our next drive but settled for 3 going down 23-6, then they marched down the field to go up 30-6. On our next possession we turned the ball over again and our defense held them to 3 points again. The following possession Carr turned it over again  and the Falcons scored on a short field, now 40-6. We finished with another short drive, our defense held them to 3 points again, 43-6 final score. 

Against the Dolphins we settled for FG in the red zone 4 times and our defense held them to 26 points yet we still lost. 

On 7/5/2021 at 8:31 PM, NYRaider said:

In 2019 against the Jets our 13 drives resulted in a FG, punt, missed FG, punt, punt, turnover on downs, interception, punt, fumble, punt, punt, punt and we lost 34-3 against one of the worst teams in the league. 

Against a horrible Jaguars team, the last game in Oakland, our second half possessions resulted in punt, punt, missed FG, and turnover as time expired. We lost 20-16 against one of the worst teams in the league because our offense couldn't get anything going. 

Against a good Titans team we were tied 21-21 at half. Our 6 second half possessions resulted in punt, punt, punt, fumble, punt, turn over on downs. We ran 31 plays for a total of 161 yards and 0 points, including three 3 and outs on possessions that lasted less than 2 minutes. And that was against about a league average defense, hard to expect the defense to perform when the offense can't sustain drives. 

But yeah none of it's Carr's fault. @Frankie2Gunz

Won't respond why you scared boy

On 7/8/2021 at 8:48 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Why do so many people give Matthew Stafford so much credit when he and Carr have very similar performances? Don't get me wrong, the fumbles suck and need to be cleaned up, but when it comes to overall production, Carr is on a very similar trajectory in terms of yards and tds with a lower int %. 

Stafford has had a winning record 4 times in his career at least. And in his years as a full time starter he has averaged 600 more yards per year as well as 3 more passing TD. 

In 8/9 years he has played the majority of the season he has thrown for 4,000+ yards. Carr has done it in 3/7 seasons. Matty's best season he threw for 5,000 yards and 41 TD. Carr's best season he threw for 4,100 yards and 27 TD. 

There's no team in the league that would take Carr over Stafford. 

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

Probably because you're like talking to a wall and it's typically unenjoyable.  Just a shot in the dark? 

Or because I bring up proof that Carr's short comings were the primary reason our team fell apart the last two seasons which means the Carr stans can't just keep saying "but the defense."  

38 minutes ago, Totty said:

Probably because you're like talking to a wall and it's typically unenjoyable.  Just a shot in the dark? 

In 7 must win games against great teams like the Jaguars, Broncos, Jets, Falcons, Dolphins, Titans and Colts with the playoffs on the line.

In those 7 games our offense averaged 16.1 ppg, turned the ball over 13 times, and punted 29 times on 79 drives. So on 53% of our offensive possessions we either turned it over or punted it. 

In those 7 games Carr passed for 1,914 yards (273 ypg) with a 64% comp rate and 7.4 YPA. And even those numbers are somewhat inflated because 391 came against the Broncos in a game we scored 15 points and 316 came against the Colts primarily in garbage time. He also had 7 passing TD and 7 turnovers. 

But again, it's not Carr's fault at all that we collapsed late in the year at all, it's all on the defense and other players. You Carr homers just can't accept the truth, it's pathetic. 

Edited by NYRaider

Over the course of Carr's career we've collapsed late in the season almost every year. Our record in the final 6 games with Carr at QB is 17-25. In those 17 wins our offense has averaged 26.1 ppg, in the 25 losses our offense has averaged 14.9 ppg.

Also interesting to note that in 21/25 losses we were held to 21 or less points and in only 1/25 did we score 30+ points. 

Overall across those 44 games we've averaged 19.4 ppg. So while I agree our defense hasn't been great, the numbers don't lie. Our offense has crumbled down the stretch under Carr and that's just the reality of the situation. 

@Totty @Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Honestly you just spout out nonsense and a response is not worth my time. 

It's nonsense that our offense has been held to 21 or less in 21/25 losses in the final stretch of the season? 

It's nonsense that in 7 games we needed to win to be in playoff contention over the past two seasons our offense has averaged 16.1 ppg and Carr has 7 TD and 7 TO? lol

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's nonsense that our offense has been held to 21 or less in 21/25 losses in the final stretch of the season? 

It's nonsense that in 7 games we needed to win to be in playoff contention over the past two seasons our offense has averaged 16.1 ppg and Carr has 7 TD and 7 TO? lol

We have a terrible roster every year, a trash HC and GM who draft terribly, have a horrendous FA track record, the worst D of the decade and you're fixated on Carr?  Like I said your posts are nonsense, lack logic and replying to you is pointless because I have no respect for your opinion.  Your anger towards Carr is misguided. 

I want to make sure I understand your stance and that is that we have a playoff caliber roster but it's Carr that is holding us back.  Is that your stance?  

Vegas has us at +7000 to make the SB with 5 teams below us.  PFF has our roster ranked as one of the worst in the NFL.  Explain to me how the the Vegas odds makers and PFF are both wrong and you're right in that we are a playoff team that is being held back by poor QB play?

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/01/pff-names-raiders-roster-among-the-worst-in-nfl/

Here are some Carr stats for you:

Deep attempts: 24-of-52, 968 yards, 10:1 TD-to-INT ratio, 124.2 passer rating

Comp: 46.2%

xComp: 31.7%

CPOE: +14.5%

GM Mike Mayock was not shy about expressing the confidence he has in Carr this offseason. And after looking at the QB's deep passing numbers, it's easy to understand why the team decided to maintain the status quo at the position. Carr posted an impressive CPOE of +14.5 percent and passer rating of 124.2 on deep throws last season. His TD-INT ratio of 10:1 explains his stellar rating, but what's even more encouraging about Carr's performance was how well he played when under duress. Carr led the NFL with 11 completions, 426 passing yards and six touchdowns on deep passes against the blitz in 2020. He also posted the second-highest expected points added on deep passes at 60.2. Carr took a massive year-to-year leap when going deep, posting a CPOE improvement of +15.1 percentage points on downfield attempts, lifting himself out of the negative and well into positive territory. He did this all despite a relatively quiet debut season from deep threat Henry Ruggs III, who needs to improve at getting in and out of his breaks as he enters Year Two, per Mayock. Carr might wish he still had free-agent departure Nelson Agholor, though, as the wideout accounted for six deep passing touchdowns in 2020, the second-most in the NFL behind Tyreek Hill's eight. Regardless, Carr had a strong response for anyone questioning his ability to throw the deep ball in 2020.

Passer rating: 77.2

Completion percentage: 53.5%

CPOE: +2.3%

Carr scored a tally in his favor in the battle against his haters with an appearance on our best deep passers list, and he gets another one here with this selection. Carr earned his position by proving that he was unafraid of using his arm to get the Raiders out of trouble, averaging 8.7 yards per attempt under pressure (second-highest mark in the NFL). The key for Carr was a quick release in 2020, posting a 111.6 passer rating, 13 touchdown passes and just two interceptions on quick passes (time to throw under 2.5 seconds). Interestingly, Carr was actually worse when he had extended time to throw (four or more seconds), finishing with a passer rating of 76.2 on such attempts. Speeding Carr up is, in fact, a bad idea for opposing defenses, it seems.

Carr was slightly worse under pressure in 2020 than he was in 2019, when he finished as one of three quarterbacks with a passer rating of 100 or better both under pressure and not under pressure (the other two were Drew Brees and Ryan Tannehill). In that season, he was the only quarterback who was better under pressure (103.7) than not (100.3), but his 2020 rating of 77.2 is still very good, as evidenced by his appearance here. Hate all you want on Carr, but don't get in his face -- or he might make you and your band of doubters pay with a completion.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Stafford has had a winning record 4 times in his career at least. And in his years as a full time starter he has averaged 600 more yards per year as well as 3 more passing TD. 

In 8/9 years he has played the majority of the season he has thrown for 4,000+ yards. Carr has done it in 3/7 seasons. Matty's best season he threw for 5,000 yards and 41 TD. Carr's best season he threw for 4,100 yards and 27 TD. 

There's no team in the league that would take Carr over Stafford. 

1. 5 more seasons played with 3 more winning ones, two of which were 9-7? That's not exactly something to write home about. 

2. Garbage stats are funny like that. 

3. That's great for fantasy leagues. But it clearly hasn't translated to the real world most of us live in. I don't care if a QB throws for 8000 yards in a season if they're constantly losing badly. I don't care if a QB throws 1000 yards per season if it means winning. I don't care about meaningless statistical output because Fantasy Football means  nothing to me. 

4. Not only will 5 extra seasons give someone an increased likelihood of a bigger statistical output, but that season was a decade ago. If you're going to use that as a basis, you can't write Carr's 2016 off as a fluke until 2026. 

Basically, thanks @NYRaider, you made my point for me. You gave Stafford all sorts of love and praise and completely ignored context while shirking equal weightings of the facts simply because you don't like Derek Carr and want a shiny new toy at QB.

• Like 3