Devante Adams watch thread

Humble_Beast

I've always been 50/50 on Carr. However, he's played on some very bad teams with a garbage defense and middling offensive weapons. If the Raiders can upgrade by signing or drafting a better option then Carr, then I'm all for it. But, he's been the best QB the Raiders have had since Gannon, which I can live with. Carr isn't great, but he doesn't suck either. Until there's an upgrade, which truly is a better upgrade, I'm ok with Carr being the Raider's QB until that happens. He's the Raiders QB for now and that's why he should be supported by all Raider fans whichever side your on. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I've always been 50/50 on Carr. However, he's played on some very bad teams with a garbage defense and middling offensive weapons. If the Raiders can upgrade by signing or drafting a better option then Carr, then I'm all for it. But, he's been the best QB the Raiders have had since Gannon, which I can live with. Carr isn't great, but he doesn't suck either. Until there's an upgrade, which truly is a better upgrade, I'm ok with Carr being the Raider's QB until that happens. He's the Raiders QB for now and that's why he should be supported by all Raider fans whichever side your on. Just my opinion.

yup exactly. 
Once Fields started to fall I was becoming more and more on board moving up to get him, but people who act like upgrading over Carr is going to be easy are very misguided. 

Mayock / Gruden, keep their eyes open and are doing due diligence to see what is out there, but unless its a player like Watson it is a pretty big gamble if youre trading Carr away with it. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

yup exactly. 
Once Fields started to fall I was becoming more and more on board moving up to get him, but people who act like upgrading over Carr is going to be easy are very misguided. 

Mayock / Gruden, keep their eyes open and are doing due diligence to see what is out there, but unless its a player like Watson it is a pretty big gamble if youre trading Carr away with it. 

I think you are taking a chance no matter who you bring in.  There are only a handful of players that I would say are sure bet upgrades.  Even taking a Trevor Lawrence in the draft would be a risk that he would be better than Carr.  It is a risk I would take but still a big risk that any drafted player can reach that level.  On the flipside at some point you have to admit any player is not the right fit if you are not improving.  Not saying Carr is the problem but if he can not get it done with what Gruden and Mayock put around him you need to get rid of one side of the situation.   I think we can make the playoffs this year and hope we do but if it falls apart in the second half of the season again we need to make some changes.  Hopefully Bradley was a big enough switch to get us over the hump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I think we all support carr but being optimistic about carr I think that’s the issue. Well for me at least I’m not that optimistic in him but I’m not that optimistic in the team period but ima always support my team. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Or because I bring up proof that Carr's short comings were the primary reason our team fell apart the last two seasons which means the Carr stans can't just keep saying "but the defense."  

Lol listen.  If you haven't figured it out by now..This is the last time.

Not ONE person here thinks Derek is perfect. Not one.  No one.  I'll even say Derek is far from irreplaceable.  Most would.  The thing your missing is, with this cast of characters currently (especially on the defense) there isn't an incoming rookie, established AVAILABLE veteran, or some other teams garbage cast off that will come in here an make a direct impact on the win-loss column.  

Just because players are reported available (Rodgers, Watson, Dak at one time) doesn't mean we are in contention for those players.

I have supported DC through a lot.  When there was a glimmer of a chance of Watson coming here, I was all about that.  Rodgers I don't want for different reasons.  Both of those guys are an upgrade.  Both would impact the standings but until one is openly on the market, it just isn't viable.  

You throw around a lot of shade at posters around here, what is your all mighty opinion on what should happen going forward?  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Totty said:

Lol listen.  If you haven't figured it out by now..This is the last time.

Not ONE person here thinks Derek is perfect. Not one.  No one.  I'll even say Derek is far from irreplaceable.  Most would.  The thing your missing is, with this cast of characters currently (especially on the defense) there isn't an incoming rookie, established AVAILABLE veteran, or some other teams garbage cast off that will come in here an make a direct impact on the win-loss column.  

Just because players are reported available (Rodgers, Watson, Dak at one time) doesn't mean we are in contention for those players.

I have supported DC through a lot.  When there was a glimmer of a chance of Watson coming here, I was all about that.  Rodgers I don't want for different reasons.  Both of those guys are an upgrade.  Both would impact the standings but until one is openly on the market, it just isn't viable.  

You throw around a lot of shade at posters around here, what is your all mighty opinion on what should happen going forward?  

I don't think he's ever actually provided a reasonable path forward.  I think  I've asked him the same before.  It always results in him just trash talking D. Carr.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Man....Gute sure has proven to be a lackluster hire following Thompson hasn't he?

I feel bad for LeFleur. Dude inherited a consistent playoff contender and, on the field, has had them doing almost everything right as Green Bay has looked great the last two seasons. 

Now he's going into a year that had Superbowl written all over it and is down a HoF QB and now has a disgruntled #1 WR who is very open about wanting out. 

Really, it's amazing that a team could manage to alienate that kind of talent in quick succession. But when you look at some of the hair brained moves....it makes sense. 

If Rodgers ultimately doesn't play and Love fails, heads are going to roll.

Lost me with Waller on that one buddy.

Adams will never hit the FA market. But a trade is certainly very much in play. 

Going to be 29 this year so not the youngest guy or oldest. Diggs went for a first and Adams is light years better. I would assume a first and 2nd 

14 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Lost me with Waller on that one buddy.

Adams will never hit the FA market. But a trade is certainly very much in play. 

Going to be 29 this year so not the youngest guy or oldest. Diggs went for a first and Adams is light years better. I would assume a first and 2nd 

Do we even have enough money?

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Do we even have enough money?

That’s always seems to be the question with this team. I always say you can create space if you really want to. Actual money is another thing. Next season the Raiders will have an insane amount of cap space. 

I don’t think Adams is a trade that would happen this season. Cause the Packers would be basically giving up on the season. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t think Adams is a trade that would happen this season. Cause the Packers would be basically giving up on the season. 

Yeah if Adams was moved this year, that would signal stockpiling picks and calling this year a wash. Probably hurts Love's stock too. Theoretically, he should be starting and playing at a fairly high level on a very good team. 

If the Packers tossed in the towel early, that'd be pretty telling.

• Like 1