Devante Adams watch thread

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Let's see how this all plays out. I'd be thrilled to have adams though. He's such a gamer.

What cost?  I think he takes the offense from good to great.  I just wish we could be the team that lands a Jamal Adams or Khalil Mack on defense.  We'd be difficult to beat if we could shave a TD a game off our points given up.  

• Like 1
Just now, Totty said:

What cost?  I think he takes the offense from good to great.  I just wish we could be the team that lands a Jamal Adams or Khalil Mack on defense.  We'd be difficult to beat if we could shave a TD a game off our points given up.  

Yeah of course. I 100% agree. We need a premium defensive tackle. I have been saying that I think we should trade Mariota and a 2nd/3rd rounder to Washington for one of their D tackles (Payne/Allen/Ioannnidis) because they can't resign them all. 

• Like 1
On 7/13/2021 at 4:32 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Basically, thanks @NYRaider, you made my point for me. You gave Stafford all sorts of love and praise and completely ignored context while shirking equal weightings of the facts simply because you don't like Derek Carr and want a shiny new toy at QB.

Stafford is a gamer, dude is a playmaker, which is why the Rams gave up Goff and 2 1sts to acquire him. The Rams currently have the 5th best odds in the league to win the Super Bowl. Can Carr even win a game when it matters?

34 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Let's see how this all plays out. I'd be thrilled to have adams though. He's such a gamer.

Spencer Rattler dropping dimes to Davante is going to be beautiful. 

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Stafford is a gamer, dude is a playmaker, which is why the Rams gave up Goff and 2 1sts to acquire him. The Rams currently have the 5th best odds in the league to win the Super Bowl. Can Carr even win a game when it matters?

This take is so bad I’m not even gonna respond anymore to Carr stuff.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

lol... Stafford is all those things and also a guy that's won how many playoffs games? 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, roi34 said:

lol... Stafford is all those things and also a guy that's won how many playoffs games? 

Excellent point.  From his perspective, Carr is not allowed to have the "poor team around him" or "bad defense" argument.  Let see how this hot air unfolds.  Color me intrigued.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Totty said:

Excellent point.  From his perspective, Carr is not allowed to have the "poor team around him" or "bad defense" argument.  Let see how this hot air unfolds.  Color me intrigued.  

Although it will not answer the question for Carr but we will see how good Stafford can be in the next 2 years.  Physically I think Stafford is a better QB but not by a lot.  Stafford's mentality is what I think separates him from Carr.  At the same time neither has proven to be a winner yet.  The sad part is both players have essentially wasted their careers up until this point.  I think Stafford will be seen as an almost elite QB after this year.

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Although it will not answer the question for Carr but we will see how good Stafford can be in the next 2 years.  Physically I think Stafford is a better QB but not by a lot.  Stafford's mentality is what I think separates him from Carr.  At the same time neither has proven to be a winner yet.  The sad part is both players have essentially wasted their careers up until this point.  I think Stafford will be seen as an almost elite QB after this year.

Of course. Sean McVay made Goff look good for a while. 

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Rams are pretty stacked outside of RB but even Henderson was taking pretty high up for RB. 

Rams defense is crazy good and they went to SB with goff and playoffs after that.  

It'll vastly depend on Defense this year. If we have even 18-20th ranked defense we prob make playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Rams are pretty stacked outside of RB but even Henderson was taking pretty high up for RB. 

Rams defense is crazy good and they went to SB with goff and playoffs after that.  

It'll vastly depend on Defense this year. If we have even 18-20th ranked defense we prob make playoffs. 

Agree.  This is honestly a lose lose for certain views in here.  If the Rams go deep into the playoffs or even make the SB all it proves is even good QBs (Stafford, Carr) need help.  Defense, coaching, continuity.  If they don't make the playoffs, those that are jocking Stafford will have to eat crow.  

Either way, I cannot wait.  

On 7/23/2021 at 4:13 PM, Totty said:

The cost would be at least a 1st.  Then the question then becomes would you want to allocate at least 20 million per year for a 29 YO WR.  Adams is a stud, no doubt about it and I believe he would massively upgrade this O.

At least a 1st and paying him a minimum of 20 per year.  On a D that is devoid of talent and a team devoid of elite studs, it's a hard call....  I assure our O would finally be fun to watch. 

On 7/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, roi34 said:

Been in a bad situation putting up numbers and has at least shown he can lead a team to a winning season more than once.