Devante Adams watch thread

Humble_Beast

Now that Rogers appears to be coming back to GB for this year we can scratch trading for Adams.  They will give it one more SB run, then Adams will most likely be franchised after this year as ARod is gone.  It was fun to think about adding Adams for this season though :)

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Been in a bad situation putting up numbers and has at least shown he can lead a team to a winning season more than once. 

he had one of the best WR in history. he's also had some good defenses, much better than Carr had. Carrs best year he got hurt.  

winning seasons are great but name of game is Superbowls and winning playoffs games. Stafford has just as many wins in playoffs as Carr and a worse record too

15 minutes ago, roi34 said:

he had one of the best WR in history. he's also had some good defenses, much better than Carr had. Carrs best year he got hurt.  

winning seasons are great but name of game is Superbowls and winning playoffs games. Stafford has just as many wins in playoffs as Carr and a worse record too

There's not a single NFL team, outside of the Raiders, that would take Carr over Stafford. But this is also the same team that took Carr over Tom Brady. 

32 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Now that Rogers appears to be coming back to GB for this year we can scratch trading for Adams.  They will give it one more SB run, then Adams will most likely be franchised after this year as ARod is gone.  It was fun to think about adding Adams for this season though :)

Their LT just tweeted the rumors are false. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What am I missing here?  How is this contrary to the reports that have him coming back to GB for this season?  I see nothing contradictory being said here. 

Did Rogers not tell Bakhetari that he is coming back?  Who cares.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There's not a single NFL team, outside of the Raiders, that would take Carr over Stafford. But this is also the same team that took Carr over Tom Brady. 

I don't get the allure of Stafford I guess. 

He's very good, but I think Carr is very good too. Brady on Raiders was useless move, we wouldnt of won last year with Brady either. Again... Vs phins, Carr drives down and wins game defense finds way to blow it in like 40 secs. 

Vs KC Carr takes a late drive and scores. Mahomes drives on Defense and beats us. right there is the playoffs... believe there was 1-2 other games it happened too. SD comes to mind without Carr. 

Defense needs to be fixed before any QB wins here. Carr is the least of my concerns. 

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

He's very good, but I think Carr is very good too. Brady on Raiders was useless move, we wouldnt of won last year with Brady either. Again... Vs phins, Carr drives down and wins game defense finds way to blow it in like 40 secs. 

Vs KC Carr takes a late drive and scores. Mahomes drives on Defense and beats us. right there is the playoffs... believe there was 1-2 other games it happened too. SD comes to mind without Carr. 

Defense needs to be fixed before any QB wins here. Carr is the least of my concerns. 

People act like our weapons are remotely comparable to Tampa's and it's ludicrous. We had Waller and a first round bust from Philly. 

Tom had Evans, Miller, Brown, a healthy Gronk, solid run game, premier D, etc.

As for Stafford, he's fine. Very comparable to Carr in many ways. @NYRaideris a sucker for fantasy stats, so Stafford's one monster season like a decade ago earns Stafford endless praise and confidence despite all of the possible evidence warranting otherwise. And it's really just that simple. 

Contrary to his belief, I bet if we made Carr available, we would've likely gotten the same deal Detroit got, if not slightly better (and I think the Rams got totally fleeced). 

16 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I don’t really like carr or stafford but IMO stafford is slightly better than carr  talent wise but not by much they’re both in the top 12-17 group of qbs. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don’t really like carr or stafford but IMO stafford is slightly better than carr  talent wise but not by much they’re both in the top 12-17 group of qbs. 

If and when Carr throws down the field more he's a better QB and we're a better team period. which is what Adams would help with and Ruggs hopefully. 

Carr is def on the outside of the top 10 id say too. they are like 12a 12b to me

45 minutes ago, roi34 said:

If and when Carr throws down the field more he's a better QB and we're a better team period. which is what Adams would help with and Ruggs hopefully. 

Carr is def on the outside of the top 10 id say too. they are like 12a 12b to me

If he can fumble less, scramble more, and stay aggressive that will put him into the top 10 IMO.