Devante Adams watch thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

play calling sucked against the Pats... Gruden was out coached that week, and we got bullied. I honestly don't remember the Falcon game. 

Lol… Gruden was dominating the Pats defense the 1st half. Our offense wouldn’t stop fumbling, it was like 2006 all over again. Then the momentum was all New England in the second half.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

play calling sucked against the Pats... Gruden was out coached that week, and we got bullied. I honestly don't remember the Falcon game. 

Defense came out hungry and flying all over the place and the offense was flat.  Offense had 202 total yards in the 1st half.  1 77yard drive led to a fumble and one 75 yard drive led to a TD at the end of the half.  The TD drive is all they did and the D quit/wore out in the 2nd half.  The Falcon game was just awful.  We had under 250 yards, the Falcons D outscored our offense, and we had 5 TOs (4 where from Carr) and 1 takeaway.  The defense only gave up 304 yards total but 43 points.  Offense just put them in the hole the entire game.

54 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Defense came out hungry and flying all over the place and the offense was flat.  Offense had 202 total yards in the 1st half.  1 77yard drive led to a fumble and one 75 yard drive led to a TD at the end of the half.  The TD drive is all they did and the D quit/wore out in the 2nd half.  The Falcon game was just awful.  We had under 250 yards, the Falcons D outscored our offense, and we had 5 TOs (4 where from Carr) and 1 takeaway.  The defense only gave up 304 yards total but 43 points.  Offense just put them in the hole the entire game.

thats how i remember the pats game as well. the defensive front 7 was killing it in the first half. secondary benefitted from that too, including the Abram INT. completely melted down in the 2nd. inside runs, outside runs... all of it

falcons game was just an abortion, like the jets game the season prior

Edited by Turnobili

47 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

thats how i remember the pats game as well. the defensive front 7 was killing it in the first half. secondary benefitted from that too, including the Abram INT. completely melted down in the 2nd. inside runs, outside runs... all of it

falcons game was just an abortion, like the jets game the season prior

This is why just looking at point against is a bad way to judge our defense.  We where better than some of the stats but we where still bad.  Just like how some complain about our inability to create turnovers.  I agree we need to improve but we need to stop giving it away also.  We are 29th in TO differential, 29th in takeaways, and 27th in giveaways.  We where bad in every category.  If our differential is at 0 we had a good shot to make the playoffs.

• 1 month later...

Adams would be ridiculous. 

He'd still be only 29, arguably entering some primo years, size and speed we love and need. 

I'd toss some capital at it for sure. 

Adams, Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, Waller......those are weapons for days. 

Fresno was a long time ago. We know how Carr is with trust and chemistry. Wonder how much would be there after so many years. Fun to think about for sure.

Now lets just hope our D isn't trash anymore so we can potentially focus on a big star for the offense. If the D still looks bad, hard pass for me. Adams is a luxury cherry on top. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

He'd still be only 29, arguably entering some primo years, size and speed we love and need. 

Fresno was a long time ago. We know how Carr is with trust and chemistry. Wonder how much would be there after so many years. Fun to think about for sure.

Now lets just hope our D isn't trash anymore so we can potentially focus on a big star for the offense. If the D still looks bad, hard pass for me. Adams is a luxury cherry on top. 

Add Adams to the offense, give DC an extension and another defense heavy draft

😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

We need 10 w’s, otherwise it’ll be a hard sell for carr, gruden and mayock. Who’s the cap expert? How much will we have next year? We’ll definitely have to back the truck up! Lol!

projected 53m in cap space with no major free agents after locking up K Miller. Could cut a few guys for more wiggle room too 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Add Adams to the offense, give DC an extension and another defense heavy draft

😁

I'm down with it. 

Too bad we'll probably sign him and then go S, S, S/LB hybrid, DE depth, QB, OG, S in the draft lol. 

We should've just hired Rocky Long to bring in the 3-3-5 with how we've approached our personnel lol 

55 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

What I would like about getting Adams is the fact that he's not really a speed guy so age won't affect him like other receivers.

• Like 1