Devante Adams watch thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Nope. At least they got to the SB. Which Carr never will.

If we keep fielding a D that was the worst of last decade you're right the Raiders will never get to a SB.  To pin that on Carr is about as low brow a stance as one can have and is about the same as saying Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Marino because he won a SB.  

Clearly many factors go into a teams success and failures and blaming Carr for not taking us to the playoffs over the last few years is about as ignorant a prospective as one can have.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Is Trent Dilfer a better QB than Dan Marino because he won a SB?

Fresno St GOAT

It's amazing what corners people will back themselves into with Superbowls, isn't it?

In the last 20 years, Culpepper pre-injury, Palmer, Stafford, Trent Green as a starter, Bledsoe as a starter, Romo, Vick, Rivers...on and on, never made a Superbowl appearance, but most would put them in the Hall of Very Good to varying degrees. 

Guys who made but didn't win one include Ryan, Delhomme, McNabb, etc. They were pretty good in their primes too. 

Yet Eli Friggin Manning yee'd some haw's to a 2-0 Superbowl record while Brees retired 1-0 and Rodgers is increasingly getting close to the same.

When talking about primes, I don't think Eli Manning ranks above or was a better QB than ANY of those listed above. 

8 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Excuses excuses. You don't remember the Falcons game because Carr sucked and didn't give the Raiders a chance to win.

No this is a terrible argument. He did suck that game. How about the rest of the season? Even with that game, the offense was top 10 in points per drive, defense was 31st in points per drive. He did more than enough for us to at least get a wild card. We just had a historically bad defense. 

That's not an excuse. It's common sense.

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

I knew you’d appreciate that cough, lol. Gotta have jokes sometimes, laughter is good for the soul they say 😉👍

The coach in me enjoyed that. I also would’ve accepted 

“hit for it” 

thats was the way we solved any dispute lol line up and “hit for it”

On 6/30/2021 at 3:42 PM, Devilshark69 said:

Everybody line up! Cult on one side, haters on the other....then a nice “Oklahoma “ drill. Lol!  

So which side to the no vaxxers go on?!? I'm sure there's a correlation there somewhere. Cult of Personality...que guitar

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's dumb to put wins and losses solely on a QB.  

It comes with the territory for head coaches and quarterbacks. Which is why Brady is praised as the GOAT for his 6 Super Bowl rings. Wins/Losses are only listed for head coaches and quarterbacks. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It comes with the territory for head coaches and quarterbacks. Which is why Brady is praised as the GOAT for his 6 Super Bowl rings. Wins/Losses are only listed for head coaches and quarterbacks. 

Yup and the same using that excuse brag that carr got us our 8 wins. Can’t have it both ways

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Only uneducated fans attribute wins and losses/ SB victories on a QB.  Football is a team game.  That is football 101.  

Pinning Wins and Losses on Head Coaches and GM's I agree with but not on a QB.  That is downright foolish.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz