Devante Adams watch thread

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If the objective was to score less then the other team, Carr would be the GOAT through 7 seasons. 

Defense doesn't win championships.  (Sarcasm)

Edited by Jerry

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If the objective was to score less then the other team, Carr would be the GOAT through 7 seasons. 

Lol Explain how the point of view in this article is flawed and how your stance is right?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/7/4/18258110/quarterback-wins-is-not-a-stat

This article articulates my point quite nicely.  Explain how this logic is flawed?

But the best qbs have the higher win %’s. The article even states that. It’s ironic this article comes from Detroit lions fans a team that isn’t really known for winning. 

18 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

But the best qbs have the higher win %’s. The article even states that. It’s ironic this article comes from Detroit lions fans a team that isn’t really known for winning. 

Is your stance the same as @NYRaider?  Do you care to dispute what the context of the article states? 

I agree that some of the best QB's of al time have high winning percentages but what the article states is how football is a team game and every aspect of the roster factors into wins and losses, not just a QB. 

QB is the most important position on the field but attributing wins and losses solely on them is asinine.  Hence wins attributed to a QB is a worthless stat.

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr has put up around league average numbers in his best years on losing teams, dude is the GOAT.

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Is your stance the same as @NYRaider?  Do you care to dispute what the context of the article states? 

I agree that some of the best QB's of al time have high winning percentages but what the article states is how football is a team game and every aspect of the roster factors into wins and losses, not just a QB. 

QB is the most important position on the field but attributing wins and losses solely on them is asinine.  Hence wins attributed to a QB is a worthless stat.

This is a true statement but so is that QBs get a disproportionate amount of credit for wins and loses.  They are easily the biggest factor on average when it comes to a teams outcome.  You put Brady on an average team and they are a contender and your average players will produce at a higher level.  It is not the only factor but is the biggest.  That is why under most circumstances the QB takes the blame or the praise for the outcome.

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This is a true statement but so is that QBs get a disproportionate amount of credit for wins and loses.  They are easily the biggest factor on average when it comes to a teams outcome.  You put Brady on an average team and they are a contender and your average players will produce at a higher level.  It is not the only factor but is the biggest.  That is why under most circumstances the QB takes the blame or the praise for the outcome.

Quarterbacks and head coaches take all of the blame or get credited with the success of wins or losses. It literally just comes with the territory and is the reason why that W/L is only listed for those two individuals. You'll never see the W/L for a RB, DE, or CB as you will never see the W/L for a OC, DC, or special teams coordinator. 

There are very few coaches in the HOF and there's only 28 QB's in the HOF. Eli Manning, despite having 2 Super Bowl wins, is a question mark as a future hall of famer because of his poor record as a starter.

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

By who?  Talking head media shills and uneducated fans.  I don't pay attention to that nonsense.  

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I believe in winning percentage especially if it’s a baseline of say 140 games to be considered all time great. Definitely ok with that. I’d also say guys who have played the most games with the higher winning % are held on the highest pedestal like Brady, Peyton, Big Ben and elway. Imo having longevity and a high winning % is hard to ignore in goat talks. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why is W/L only listed for quarterbacks?

Did you not read the article?  If you disagree with the stance regarding QB wins being a worthless stat I would like to your reasoning why, not you just asking the same idiotic question time after time...  SMH

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Aka I will support Carr regardless of if he's just an average QB that can't win.

Was Warren Moon and average QB?  His W/L record indicated he was.  Explain to me why you are right and the HOF voters are wrong....  I'm wating for an answer from you with some substance which I am sure will never come.