Wins and Losses

Big T

Okay, we've just been given a glimpse of the Jets schedule of who and where they play. Along with the schedule, every know it all and their mother gives there  two cents about how poorly the Jets will do and what their win/loss record will be.

Not only that but all the downside of every draft pick this year and how poorly the Jets will do against the competition. The result is the Jets at best will win 6 games, after all they are starting a rookie QB and for all the changes on the OL there is still a weak side to it.

The most obvious of all is the first game of the season where Sam Darnold can plot his revenge on the team that traded him and put the spotlight on Zack Wilson. No doubt conjuring up ghosts of Jets teams past of "same old Jets".

Prepare yourselves for the eventual onslaught of "I told you so" should the Jets lose the first game of the season. The skeptics and naysayers always see the glass half empty, so it would be futile for me to get into a conversation as to why they will do better than what is predicted by Las Vegas.

Now, just focusing on the very first game of the season, Darnold is going to be under greater pressure to win given the fact that he has gone to a team that is ready to contend for the playoffs and has one of the most dynamic RB's in the game. Let's not forget that they had a nice draft as well. 

The Jets are not at a disadvantage here, they know Darnold, talent and flaws, they have seen it for years. In fact many on this very site have pointed out busted plays that could have been beneficial to the Jets and Darnold blew it up.

I like the team and the direction the Jets are going in, and if your honest you will look at the rest of the division and understand that every team even though they have all improved have flaws. The sole exception would be the Bills. 

Miami for all its talent, still have an unknown commodity at QB and it could blow up in their face. N.E. has had a very good off season with all the F.A. they signed and the money they doled out Is it possible someone in the organization looked at the roster and came to the realization that as a team they were lacking talent? Hence the F.A. splurge?

So okay, yes the Jets at this point in the rebuild is still a work in progress, and they may not win more than 6 games, but the trajectory of the franchise is upward, and they may just surprise many of the "experts" in media and social networking that these Jets are not your "same old Jets".

I would be very happy if the Jets this season win 8 games, which is very possible, but should they lose every game but 4. My hope is that they are the most dangerous 4 win team in football. That teams come in and understand that a victory is no sure thing and that they are in for a fight and that Zack Wilson, Carter, Moore and company are no easy out.

That the Jets will garner the respect of the league along with the naysayers and skeptics.

Jets 8-9 for 2021

Lastly while I don't want any team to suffer injuries I hope Seattle loses every game as well as the Panthers.

Give your take on the upcoming season, the reason, and the wins and loses.

11 minutes ago, xenajets said:

0-17. This roster is a joke. Should never have traded Sam. Can’t believe we traded up for a guard when he clearly would of been there at #23 probably even #34. 

Wow this is shocking coming from you, did Liverpool have another bad game or loss more players.?

42 minutes ago, xenajets said:

0-17. This roster is a joke. Should never have traded Sam. Can’t believe we traded up for a guard when he clearly would of been there at #23 probably even #34. 

And then to not grab Ben Mason. This teams knows how to piss me off. 

6-11. I think we will be fun to watch but fall short in many games.

My hope is that we come out of this season feeling like our D is two or three pieces away (edge and corner and possibly MLB) and offense is two or three pieces away (RG and RT and possibly TE). If the rest of the positions prove solid and our depth is strong, I think we can fill the rest of the holes next year and be competitive in 2022.