2021 Schedule released - Lots of prime time

Mid Iowa

The full schedule was release last night and we saw quite a few prime time game announced.

Let's start in order:

Pre Season:
For starters, we have 3 Preseason Games.
We'll start on the road at Baltimore Ravens.
Then host the Jacksonville Jaguars and Treavor Lawrence on a Monday night.
Finally the Arizona Cardinals will come to town.

Regular Season:
Week 1 is hosting Green Bay for an afternoon game. Will we see Rogers, or Jordan Love at QB?
Week 2 is on the road to the division rival Carolina Panthers.
Week 3 is another road date, this time to New England. Do we see a focused Cam Newton?
Week 4 is back home to host the New York Giants.
Week 5 we'll head to Washington to face their Football Team.

Week 6 - Bye week

Week 7 - Prime - Monday Night in Seattle. I know I'm looking forward to this one.
Week 8 - an afternoon game back home against Brady and the Buccaneers.
Week 9 - still at home to host another divisional opponent, the Atlanta Falcons.
Week 10 - on the road to the Tennessee Titans.
Week 11 - Staying on the road and heading to Philadelphia to get some cream cheese.
Week 12 - Prime - Thursday Night, and Thanksgiving matchup with the Buffalo Bills.
Week 13 - Prime - the second consecutive Thursday Night game hosting the Dallas Cowboys.
Week 14 - back to a noon game on the road to the other New York team called the Jets.
Week 15 - Prime - Sunday Night in Tampa to see if Brady and crew still got it.
Week 16 - Prime - Monday Night, the Miami Dolphins come to New Orleans. Miami is notable again?
Week 17 - The Carolina Panthers come to town for round 2 at noon.
Week 18 - Uncharted territory, the extra regular season game. We'll end the regular season on the road in Atlanta to see the silly Falcons.

January 15, 16 - Wildcard rounds start
January 22, 23 - Divisional rounds
January 30th 2022 - Championship rounds
Playoff Bye 
February 13th 2022 - The Super Bowl in the new LA Stadium.

For the first time that I can remember, we've got 4 prime time games in 5 weeks, including back-to-back Thursday night games, and a total of 5 Primetime games.

I think the NFL has a limit on night games at 6, so this leave some area for a flex game in week 14 or 17 (I think all week 18 games are noon games by rule), though it's doubtful.

The first few weeks are kinda blah to me, but right after the bye, things really look to be exciting.

20 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

For the first time that I can remember, we've got 4 prime time games in 5 weeks, including back-to-back Thursday night games, and a total of 5 Primetime games.

I think the NFL has a limit on night games at 6, so this leave some area for a flex game in week 14 or 17 (I think all week 18 games are noon games by rule), though it's doubtful.

The first few weeks are kinda blah to me, but right after the bye, things really look to be exciting.

Looks like Winston will get his shot to prove to the world that all his physical offseason work will translate to better mental production on the field. If not, Hill might be the starter by week 6 and if it really goes off the rails after that we might even see Book out thier by week 16.

I'm predicting 9-8

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I'm predicting 9-8

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

I could see us going into the bye rather easily at 3-2 (losses to Green Bay (Rogers depending) and New England.

After the bye, I think we're looking at 6-6, 7-5, something like that. So, yeah, 9-8, 11-6.

I think we'll split our divisional games. Literally a W and an L for each team, so 3-3 right there.
Losses to: Seattle, Tennessee, Buffalo, Tampa, Atlanta, on the fence with Carolina.
Wins over: Tampa, Atlanta, Philly, Dallas, NY Jets, Dolphins, on the fence with Carolina

Of course, all of this depending on our QB situation, and our ability to field a respectable secondary.

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

I could see us going into the bye rather easily at 3-2 (losses to Green Bay (Rogers depending) and New England.

After the bye, I think we're looking at 6-6, 7-5, something like that. So, yeah, 9-8, 11-6.

I think we'll split our divisional games. Literally a W and an L for each team, so 3-3 right there.
Losses to: Seattle, Tennessee, Buffalo, Tampa, Atlanta, on the fence with Carolina.
Wins over: Tampa, Atlanta, Philly, Dallas, NY Jets, Dolphins, on the fence with Carolina

Of course, all of this depending on our QB situation, and our ability to field a respectable secondary.

9-8 is me being optimistic... I'm really not buying alot of what the Saints are selling right now. 

I don't buy into Winston (as much as I'd like too) I don't care how many more push ups he can do now, or how much Jay Glazer pushes him in the gym or how much he says he matured. Its his mental aspect of the game that is the issue so he's got a lot to prove. I also look at that secondary and cringe a little bit. Is Lattimore gonna be suspended the 1st 4 games? Whos the other starter at corner? P-Rob getting significant playing time? How is Payton going to handle the quarterback position... is he going to tinker? Will Winston be allowed to get settled in or is Hill going in every other drive? How quick will Paytons trigger be?

I underestimated the loss of leadership a while back when the Saints forced some vets out the door. The team suffered and Payton admitted it and cleaned house. I won't make that mistake again. Brees arm may have been deteriorating but his leadership and presence was still a valued commodity within that building and for the 1st time in over 15 years thats gone, to think that won't have some sort of effect would be naive. 

The Saints aren't rebuilding but they are in transition... I'm not placing expectations very high. I have serious doubts at the quarterback position, in the defensive secondary and at reciever outside of Mike Thomas and this is a passing league. I'm not expecting anything more than for this team to be average.

All valid points, and I agree. Maybe a bit differently, but I agree.

I also don't care about how many more pushups a guy can do, but I do care that he cares now. Winston's situation was a pile of garbage for his first 4 years in the league. I'm guessing (actually hoping) that a change of scenery can be the turning post for him to settle in, and maybe have a 4-1 ratio on TD's to INT's rather than the 50/50 we saw, which is horrible. So, I'm holding out hope for Winston until he proves me wrong.

Where to begin with leadership...
On defense, Lattimore proved he needs to grow up when he go busted a few months ago. Leaders don't do that. Jenkins is an old man, but people do listen to him, as well as Cam Jordan. But other than that? I think this become Damario Davis's defense, maybe even team.

Michael Thomas is a whiner, and our QB's are questionable. Winston has tried to be a leader, so maybe he can do better this time around. Alvin Kamara... this is the person I really want to pay attention to. He's got what it takes upstairs, and I think he can motivate people. He has proven he's the real deal, he's quiet and humble, and I think the offense can thrive around him.

But, yeah, lots of question marks. 

Just looking at the schedule based on last year's results of this year's opponents, and paying attention to their offseason, we could easily be a near .500 team. I'm really hoping for that 11, though.

Edited by Mid Iowa

• 1 month later...