Taxes

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

OK, so update - I received the $500 child tax credit today, so the $960 I got yesterday isn't related.

Something is definitely not right. I'm off to check with the IRS.

Totally free money. You should spend it without hesitation!

• Like 2

I won't get the credit because we had the gf claim little man. With the standard deduction lowered back down, I was able to itemize because of my mortgage interest and almost get the refund I get with the kid / HOH filling status. So the GF claimed him to jump her refund. 

It actually worked nicely though because I did get the stimulus bump for him since I claimed him prior to filing this year

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Totally free money. You should spend it without hesitation!

This is how people end up in jail for tax fraud... Instead of the hundred felonies I committed in my 20s, THIS is what gets me nabbed.

It's how Capone went down, right?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This is how people end up in jail for tax fraud... Instead of the hundred felonies I committed in my 20s, THIS is what gets me nabbed.

It's how Capone went down, right?

Wesley snipes too, I think

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 4:55 AM, ET80 said:

OK, so update - I received the $500 child tax credit today, so the $960 I got yesterday isn't related.

Something is definitely not right. I'm off to check with the IRS.

I was about to reply but you already replied to yourself. It is likely the overpayment of EDD as the first 10k was made non taxable. Most people who clicked “take taxes out” will be getting a nice refund and they are sending them out now. $960 sounds like about the average, mine is somewhat similar. You are fine. 

• Like 1