The Probably Too Early Season Record Thread

Dbrog24

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

17 games feels so wrong 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

The agenda is so obvious. It’s gonna be 18 games soon. It’s a shockingly clever psychological tactic, much easier to sell players on going from 17 to 18 than it would be to go directly from 16 to 18, which nobody was going for. 

2 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

I wish they would've stayed with 16 games, but added in an additional bye week.  Still gives the NFL18 total weeks of viewing during the regular season and keeps guys fresher

The NFLPA agreeing to a CBA that didn’t lock in 16 games without their approval is just another sign of how ineffectual the NFLPA is.  

It’s almost a given at this stage that the endgame will be 18 game regular season, 2 bye weeks and 2 preseason games (as the calendar for actual games and when players have to be with team is collectively agreed to, extending that time would have to be mutually agreed upon - so shortening the preaseon is the go-to move).   

Before ppl cite losing stadium revenue by shortening the preseason  - TV $ was 60 percent of league revenue before the massive 2022 new deal increases.   It’s likely going to be 75-80 percent by then.     It’s not hard to see why the league would shorten the preseason.  

Edited by Broncofan

On 5/13/2021 at 11:17 AM, AnAngryAmerican said:

I think we go 7-10 with Teddy, 9-8 if Drew starts and takes the next step and 13-4 or better if we land Aaron. 

It’s so odd picking a record for a 17 game season. Feels weird to say 13-4

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 10:10 PM, 1234567 said:

It’s so odd picking a record for a 17 game season. Feels weird to say 13-4

Eventually, there will be an 18 game season, and 2 weeks of byes.    Likely only 2 weeks of preseason (because the total number of weeks in a season where players needs to be with team is fixed in CBA, and TV revenue being so imbalanced now over local ticket/stadium revenue).    If I were to guess, I think it might be 2025+.

Along with the whole off-season workout issue, how the NFLPA didn't have a hard 16-game season fixed into the 10-year CBA, and thus subject to negotiated agreement before implementing the 17-game season, is beyond mind-boggling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Call me the optimist but I see this team going 10-7 and making the playoffs

Vegas already has us as favorites for 9 games.   I think 11-6 is needed to get in for sure but it’s not far fetched at all.      The AFCN / NFCE / NYJ / JAX / DET as our non-divisional 11 games certainly helps.   CLE / BAL are the only 2 games where we will be big dogs out of those 11.   With average QB play we could get 10W with that schedule.  

Edited by Broncofan

I just let a long, squeaky, high pitched, fart, which means 10-7 season if Lock/Bridgewater are the QBs. I then followed up with squeak fart with a big banger far, which tells me that if Rogers is the QB then we go 12-5. 

Edited by jsthomp2007