Dallas Rookie Minicamp News and Notes

Texas_OutLaw7

23 hours ago, D82 said:

I know everybody points out how good Amari is and what not...but with these constant injuries that pop up and cause him to miss time, I'd cut him. You already have Lamb, I know Gallup is due for a contract but we've seen how easy it is to find decent to good receivers recently in the mid-rounds...so I'd use those funds allocated to Cooper to shore up other areas on the team.

Get rid of Zeke and we can re-sign Gallup. 

23 hours ago, D82 said:

I know everybody points out how good Amari is and what not...but with these constant injuries that pop up and cause him to miss time, I'd cut him. You already have Lamb, I know Gallup is due for a contract but we've seen how easy it is to find decent to good receivers recently in the mid-rounds...so I'd use those funds allocated to Cooper to shore up other areas on the team.

Here's Amari and Gallup's average stats over the past 3 years:

Amari: Age(27) 82 rec 1102 yds 6 td Missed 1 game 
Gallup: Age(25) 52 rec 819 yds 4 td  Missed 2 games

If Amari was turning 30, missed a lot of games, or failed to put up 1000 yds multiple times, I might be more receptive.   I love Gallup,  but some team with a ton of cap is gonna pay him $15-$20 mil/year if he has another good season.   Like maybe the Colts. 

28 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Here's Amari and Gallup's average stats over the past 3 years:

Amari: Age(27) 82 rec 1102 yds 6 td Missed 1 game 
Gallup: Age(25) 52 rec 819 yds 4 td  Missed 2 games

If Amari was turning 30, missed a lot of games, or failed to put up 1000 yds multiple times, I might be more receptive.   I love Gallup,  but some team with a ton of cap is gonna pay him $15-$20 mil/year if he has another good season.   Like maybe the Colts. 

Id like to see what Gallup could do if he ever ran easy routes. 

On 6/10/2021 at 3:31 PM, D82 said:

He’s played in 40 of a possible 41 games so far in Dallas.

It’s hard for me to think of a more under appreciated non-QB Cowboy over the last couple decades than Amari. Talk of cutting the 26 year old who just put up 1100 yards with 4 different QBs. Like, what?

No way do I think we should cut Coop, and based on what he did last year with what we had at QB most of those games is a testament to just how good he is. I think he's top 10 at least. There were only 11 WR with more yards then him last year.  But I am a little harder on him then I should be because I remember more then a couple plays where he lacked effort that cost us turnovers plus he has had some real bad road games and the end of the past couple years, philly comes to mind.  

7 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I'm confused.  Everyone always says Amari is such a great route runner, but apparently he only runs 'easy' routes, and we pay him $20mil/year for his personality. 

easy was probably the wrong word. I should have said shorter routes. They are generally more technical, but the catch % is higher. Players like Dez never excelled at them.

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

He’s played in 40 of a possible 41 games so far in Dallas.

Yeah, but a lot of them have been injured. Some of them its just been a couple snaps as a decoy.

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It’s hard for me to think of a more under appreciated non-QB Cowboy over the last couple decades than Amari. Talk of cutting the 26 year old who just put up 1100 yards with 4 different QBs. Like, what?

Probably because he is hurt a lot and under performs on the road.

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, but a lot of them have been injured. Some of them its just been a couple snaps as a decoy.

Probably because he is hurt a lot and under performs on the road.

Yeah...this. I'm not saying Cooper isn't a good player, I'm saying he isn't reliable. So I'd rather not keep those sort of guys around. 

This forum never stops being special. The following are all things that have been suggested:

Let's cut cooper because he plays through injuries. 

Let's cut Zeke because rbs are replaceable.

Let's not re-sign Jones because he doesn't generate turnovers. 

Let's cut Smith and the wolf hunter because we drafted some rookies.

Let's cut Dlaw because of the lack of sacks. 

Let Dak walk because paying a QB isn't worth it. 

Let's cut T Smith because he's injured. 

Let's Cut Williams because he isn't nearly as good as the other 4 OL. 

Let's cut Collins because he was fat last year. 

Let's cut Randy because he smokes weed, but we want David back. 

Let's cut Crawford because he makes too much money, despite being a captain and starter. 

...if this forum ran the Cowboys our best player would be Andy Dalton and we would be playing with a roster that barely meets the salary cap floor. 

9 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Like Tyron Smith, Lael Collins, Dak, Randy Gregory , and Blake Jarwin

..... You know some of these names dont belong. 

8 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

This forum never stops being special. The following are all things that have been suggested:

Let's cut cooper because he plays through injuries. 

Let's cut Zeke because rbs are replaceable.

Let's not re-sign Jones because he doesn't generate turnovers. 

Let's cut Smith and the wolf hunter because we drafted some rookies.

Let's cut Dlaw because of the lack of sacks. 

Let Dak walk because paying a QB isn't worth it. 

Let's cut T Smith because he's injured. 

Let's Cut Williams because he isn't nearly as good as the other 4 OL. 

Let's cut Collins because he was fat last year. 

Let's cut Randy because he smokes weed, but we want David back. 

Let's cut Crawford because he makes too much money, despite being a captain and starter. 

...if this forum ran the Cowboys our best player would be Andy Dalton and we would be playing with a roster that barely meets the salary cap floor. 

Same comment to you about going a bit overboard. Although I agree with your general complaint here, some of these boil down to value. Cost vs production and if that value is more or less than trading (not cutting) for draft picks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Same comment to you about going a bit overboard. Although I agree with your general complaint here, some of these boil down to value. Cost vs production and if that value is more or less than trading (not cutting) for draft picks. 

At times, criticism is valid. But other times it's emotional whiplash. Crawford will forever be the perfect example of this. An overpaid player who had value but was treated as he was flaming hot garbage. 

I do wish the NFL was a bit more like the NBA when it comes to trading. 

7 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

At times, criticism is valid. But other times it's emotional whiplash. Crawford will forever be the perfect example of this. An overpaid player who had value but was treated as he was flaming hot garbage. 

I do wish the NFL was a bit more like the NBA when it comes to trading. 

I mean, Crawford is also a great example of what I said. A perfectly above average player who did everything he could for our team... but the value wasnt there. Id say the same thing about Tank. He is even better than Crawford, a good sometimes great player, but we are paying him like he is elite. Zeke and Coop also fall in that category, though they have more elite moments (Zeke in the past).