Dallas Rookie Minicamp News and Notes

Texas_OutLaw7

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m absolutely shocked we were not a bottom 5 defense.

We finished the season pretty strong. Granted, it was against some crappy teams/QBs. But there was a ~7-8 game stretch that we led the NFL in turnovers. 

Its kinda funny to me when people state "we had one of the worst defense of all time". That was only true for the first several weeks. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

We finished the season pretty strong. Granted, it was against some crappy teams/QBs. But there was a ~7-8 game stretch that we led the NFL in turnovers. 

Its kinda funny to me when people state "we had one of the worst defense of all time". That was only true for the first several weeks. 

The fact that it was true for any number of weeks is the problem.

9 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The fact that it was true for any number of weeks is the problem.

Obviously you are correct. But you often dont hear the opposite, like "we had the best offense in NFL history" over that same frame. People are expecting us to be "historically bad" on defense next year, but not "historically good" on offense. 

Just interesting how much people harp on the bad when in reality, it wasnt even as bad as advertised (worst ever).

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Obviously you are correct. But you often dont hear the opposite, like "we had the best offense in NFL history" over that same frame. People are expecting us to be "historically bad" on defense next year, but not "historically good" on offense. 

Just interesting how much people harp on the bad when in reality, it wasnt even as bad as advertised (worst ever).

I very much expect our offense to put up historic numbers, at least from a franchise history perspective, if they remain relatively healthy and Dak is ready to go.

The conversation you started was about defense. Why would I have commented on the O?

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I very much expect our offense to put up historic numbers, at least from a franchise history perspective, if they remain relatively healthy and Dak is ready to go.

The conversation you started was about defense. Why would I have commented on the O?

I was contrasting the sentiment between how people perceived our team last year.