Dallas Rookie Minicamp News and Notes

Texas_OutLaw7

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

My lukewarm take is that Mukuamu will start more games for the Dallas Cowboys than Wright.

In general or just this year? 

I could see that. I remain cautiously optimistic about Wright though. 

On 5/15/2021 at 1:35 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

he's gonna be the best DC we have had in a while. 

Cause he's a former DL coach and coaching up a DL on technique?

I mean its not a high bar, so you are probably right..... can't be any worse than Nolan that's for certain.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Cause he's a former DL coach and coaching up a DL on technique?

I mean its not a high bar, so you are probably right..... can't be any worse than Nolan that's for certain.

It's refreshing to see a coach be hands on teaching. But no, that isn't the reason. He's genuinely the best DC we have had in a while and the number 1 option I had this off-season. 

Feel free to look over the past few years and suggest a DC you think is better than Quinn if you disagree. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I love Broaddus, but I thought this was hilarious to put on the video like who else was supposed to look good?

Your first 6 picks were on defense and 8 of the first 10 picks were on defense. Like I would hope they are the ones looking the best.

I agree. Although you do want them to be doing the best. If the story was the defensive rookies sucked that would be a much bigger and significantly worse lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I agree. Although you do want them to be doing the best. If the story was the defensive rookies sucked that would be a much bigger and significantly worse lol. 

Oh for sure. I'm just poking fun. Bryan is great at what he does.

I'll just say camp stuff should be taken with a grain of salt.

I remember last training camp how "sticky" and good in coverage reporters were saying Maddox was... smh.

17 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

It's refreshing to see a coach be hands on teaching. But no, that isn't the reason. He's genuinely the best DC we have had in a while and the number 1 option I had this off-season. 

Feel free to look over the past few years and suggest a DC you think is better than Quinn if you disagree. 

I mean hope always springs eternal. Good example is me being excited for Sirianni and Gannon's mentalities and things they are saying. 

Don't get me wrong. I don't blame you guys for feeling that way and maybe he is a good DC, but those Falcons defenses weren't it and not all of that falls on Quinn, but a lot does and you can point to his defenses in Seattle, but with that personnel they should've been good and they were good if not better when he left too.

And, I've been up all night since the Lakers won, so I'm too lazy to do that, but I'll just trust you on that one lol.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

And, I've been up all night since the Lakers won, so I'm too lazy to do that, but I'll just trust you on that one lol.

Mike Nolan - LOL

Rod Marinelli - Incredible leader of men...was not a great DC. Helped draft the wrong players often.

Monte Kiffin - He ended up being replaced by Rod for a reason.

Rob Ryan - LOL, I forgot how many times we saw only 10 men on D.

Brian Stewart - LOL

Mike Zimmer - HEY! A Good one. This was back when Parcells was the coach BTW - and 20 years ago. 

• Like 1