Dallas Rookie Minicamp News and Notes

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Rod Marinelli - Incredible leader of men...was not a great DC. Helped draft the wrong players often.

strong disagree

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

Think he's referring to the drafting part. Or I'm wrong. 😣

Or he doesn’t consider that crotchety old man to have been an incredible leader of men.

19 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Or he doesn’t consider that crotchety old man to have been an incredible leader of men.

Nah. Matt has often said he'd run through a wall for Rod. That Rod was his favorite coach on the staff. No way he doesn't consider him a great leader. 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

You think he was a great DC?

His issue with us was talent. He led the bucs and bears to the #1 defense in the league. 

And yes, I would run though a wall for him. I only met him once but he was awesome. 

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:
snip

I assume Ball has grown up, isn’t the dirtbag he’s been portrayed as, but can’t shake the desire to see him flunk out.

57 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I assume Ball has grown up, isn’t the dirtbag he’s been portrayed as, but can’t shake the desire to see him flunk out.

Well he's our dirtbag now, so MY hope is has changed and the change is not just a front to gain the status of a NFL player.  Also being a Dallas cowboy comes with my support, but that support does give anyone a license to be a "dritbag".

39 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Just sign me instead.

Y'know I really thought Hundley would turn into something. Remember when he had some 1st round draft grades at one point. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Y'know I really thought Hundley would turn into something. Remember when he had some 1st round draft grades at one point. 

He entered the draft too early. He was a redshirt junior and should’ve stayed for his senior year to improve his passing skills.

Just now, plan9misfit said:

He entered the draft too early. He was a redshirt junior and should’ve stayed for his senior year to improve his passing skills.

Agreed. You'd have thought learning at the NFL level would have helped somewhat though. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t know about that. He was a 3 year starter, 22 years old, coming off a terrific season and top-10 finish. I don’t think there was a lot of development left to be had under Mora at UCLA. What happens in that extra year at UCLA that improves his chances of a successful NFL career? 

He needed to get into a pro system. I really liked his potential, It’s just really hard to be an NFL quarterback. For whatever reason, he didn’t develop. In some parallel universe, could he have had a better NFL career than Dak? No doubt in my mind. But it certainly didn’t work out in this one.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz