Dallas Rookie Minicamp News and Notes

Texas_OutLaw7

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'm sorry. Why is it a problem to bring a former NFL HC with ties to MM on the coaching staff as a consultant?

Im of the opinion that teams should have more coaches & scouts compared to what they currently do. 

He’s not particularly good? 

7 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'll bite. We know this how?

He was a terrible HC. He never developed anyone as a QB coach during his time in GB. He had two top 15 offenses as an OC with the Giants…but that’s about it. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

He was a terrible HC. He never developed anyone as a QB coach during his time in GB. He had two top 15 offenses as an OC with the Giants…but that’s about it. 

But...he had Rodgers as his QB during GB. Who the hell was he supposed to develop?

Gosh. Why does Moore suck so much. He hasn't developed anyone ... if we ignore any impact he's had with Dak. 

And he's neither the HC nor the OC here. 

So...again...what's the issue you have with someone with nearly 20 years as a coach being hired? I'm legitimately confused why anyone is upset about a consultant. We probably are not going to agree. That's okay. 

If he was the OC. I understand. But we need to get out of this small-club mentality and realllllllyyyy expand our coaching staff. In 2019 Tampa had 28 coaches - or one coach for every two players on the team. Along with expanding Scouts - I'd love to see teams expand more spots. 

With so much of the NFL moving to analytics, the entire industry of coaches and scouts needs to be revitalized. Bring me all the former NFL HC. Let's have them sprinkle some knowledge on both the team and other staff. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

But...he had Rodgers as his QB during GB. Who the hell was he supposed to develop?

Gosh. Why does Moore suck so much. He hasn't developed anyone ... if we ignore any impact he's had with Dak. 

And he's neither the HC nor the OC here. 

So...again...what's the issue you have with someone with nearly 20 years as a coach being hired? I'm legitimately confused why anyone is upset about a consultant. We probably are not going to agree. That's okay. 

If he was the OC. I understand. But we need to get out of this small-club mentality and realllllllyyyy expand our coaching staff. In 2019 Tampa had 28 coaches - or one coach for every two players on the team. Along with expanding Scouts - I'd love to see teams expand more spots. 

With so much of the NFL moving to analytics, the entire industry of coaches and scouts needs to be revitalized. Bring me all the former NFL HC. Let's have them sprinkle some knowledge on both the team and other staff. 

But…he’s a McCarthy guy. He learned under him. He isn’t bringing in anything new. 

27 minutes ago, D82 said:

But…he’s a McCarthy guy. He learned under him. He isn’t bringing in anything new. 

::Blinks:: I...yeah, okay. I don't care enough and you didn't present an actual argument. I'll move on now. I don't have enough emotional investment in a consultant. 

Something else that occurred to me yesterday is NE and Billy's losing record last season. Landry and Dallas' record 20 consecutive winning seasons remains intact for at least another another 11 years. Seattle is sitting at 9.  

Unbreakable?  I think it's probably pretty high on the list. 

• Like 1