Giants sign former WR Kelvin Benjamin as TE; released 7/28

Blackstar12

59 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

People can we get back to talking about how the Giants are helping Kelvin Benjamin work out again? Are they starting up their own version of The Biggest Loser? If so, who else should compete?

Maybe he's coming in as an OT. He has the body for it.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Maybe he's coming in as an OT. He has the body for it.

You said this, so I had to look. Then I found this picture.

5e418a31-4f70-4961-aa91-ddff69951d77-USA

I challenge anyone to find a smaller face on a bigger body. 

• Like 2

On 5/14/2021 at 4:32 PM, malibuspeedrace said:

So...can we get this up to 30+ pages

A 30 year old who hasn’t been in the league for years switching positions to TE got a workout with a team ran by a guy who used to run a team he was on, and might get a camp invite?

Yeah, 30 pages should be easy. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Jakuvious said:
On 5/14/2021 at 2:25 PM, ET80 said:

Hey @incognito_man, here's a #1 for you.

This comment made me read through the Aaron Rodgers thread for context, and on one hand, I'm upset as I had sworn off that thread, but on the other, man I have a lot of likes to give out.

be sure to like the part where ET think the league operates like a bank and can loan out additional cap space for teams ;)

11 hours ago, Shockwave said:

BB1gKxoo.img?h=1016&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l

I don't remember who Benjamin played for or what he did. The name rang a bell but that's it.

Sounds like he was a Panther, which explains why Gettleman is giving him a shot here. He appears to be in good shape for the position he's trying out at.

5 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I don't remember who Benjamin played for or what he did. The name rang a bell but that's it.

Sounds like he was a Panther, which explains why Gettleman is giving him a shot here. He appears to be in good shape for the position he's trying out at.

He was a rookie sensation for the Panthers and Cam's most-talented WR. Played amazing football in 2014, ended up missing all of Cam's MVP season with an injury. Came back in 2016 with a bang; was crazy-productive in that Super Bowl rematch season-opener. Didn't have the dominant season that everyone expected, but still churned out good totals and was the Panthers' number one receiver. 2017 came around, and all of a sudden that's his contract year. He was good, but not great and was in and out of the doghouse because he had shown up to camp out of shape. He was always a really heavy WR, but the dude was getting more and more out of shape as his career progressed and his weight continued to balloon. 

He was traded to the Bills at the deadline. Again, he wasn't having a bad year at that point, he was solid but the Panthers already had a potential replacement in Devin Funchess, a WR with a similar profile and higher athletic ceiling.

However, he was hot garbage in Buffalo. He continued to get more and more out of shape and looked like he wasn't even trying on most plays. To be fair, I think he had Nathan Peterman and Tyrod Taylor rotating at QB. 2018 rolls around and he's expected to establish himself as the WR1 for a rookie QB, but the effort was non-existent. Now, that QB was rookie Josh Allen - far from a good NFL passer at that point - but between being out of shape and just dogging it, he was released before the end of the season.

He signed with the Chiefs and was a total non-factor, and he's been out of the league for several years since.

He always had the talent, but didn't seem to have the drive to be an ascendant talent. Hopefully he's changed!

• Like 3