Giants sign former WR Kelvin Benjamin as TE; released 7/28

Blackstar12

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We only need about 33 more pages I'd say.

Correlation ≠ causation.

I know what you're trying to imply AND THIS IS A FORMAL WARNING FOR TROLLING; the Tebow thread is much longer because there are that many more Jaguars/Urban Meyer fans than Giants fans. Everyone knows that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You all have 8 pages in your own forum on a guy that is a fringe roster player. I dunno. Maybe this can get to 33 more. 

Checking other threads for it now even?

Man oh man.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You too. Like you said a couple days ago. It’s been fun and I’m here for it. 

😂😂

Well, if you're "just curious" again, feel free to jump in and add to the big deal it is in the Jaguars forum as it's excited people such as yourself and I.

Anyways, really looking forward to seeing the unathletic Kelvin Benjamin after years off get a shot and take away the hopes of someone else's dreams. There's no way he'd ever get a shot (at a new position especially) like this if he didn't have a connection in the league like Gettleman.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

😂😂

Well, if you're "just curious" again, feel free to jump in and add to the big deal it is in the Jaguars forum as it's excited people such as yourself and I.

Didn’t see anything to add to that I hadn’t already said so far. 

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Anyways, really looking forward to seeing the unathletic Kelvin Benjamin after years off get a shot and take away the hopes of someone else's dreams. There's no way he'd ever get a shot (at a new position especially) like this if he didn't have a connection in the league like Gettleman.

Agreed. 

40 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Has more potential than Tebow.

I love me some TT but you are on point here. Benjamin could actually be a nice asset at the TE position for the GMEN. Engram is not sure handed and is prone to boneheaded mistakes. KB could be a nice safe outlet for DJ on check downs. But the TS depth chart seems crowded with EE, Rudolph and now Benjamin. Hopefully all 3 make the roster. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 1:28 AM, HoboRocket said:

He was a rookie sensation for the Panthers and Cam's most-talented WR. Played amazing football in 2014, ended up missing all of Cam's MVP season with an injury. Came back in 2016 with a bang; was crazy-productive in that Super Bowl rematch season-opener. Didn't have the dominant season that everyone expected, but still churned out good totals and was the Panthers' number one receiver. 2017 came around, and all of a sudden that's his contract year. He was good, but not great and was in and out of the doghouse because he had shown up to camp out of shape. He was always a really heavy WR, but the dude was getting more and more out of shape as his career progressed and his weight continued to balloon. 

Benjamin was awful in 2016 and 2017.  Limited our offense extremely.  While there were a lot of different problems (injuries to Cam, poor offensive line, Stewart's ineffectiveness, Mike Shula), KB being on the field hindered what we could do so much.  He was the worst WR in the NFL when it came to separating, and his hands weren't as good as you would think of a guy his size.  Route-running was dreadful and he couldn't cut.  

I think people are saying he could be a good tight end just because of his size haven't really watched him play.  He doesn't use his size all that well (hence why his catch rate was/is so bad), at least not like he did in 2014.  Probably because he's lazy.  

And that was in '16.  By the time 2017 rolled around everyone just wanted him gone.  It really was never a good idea for the Bills to trade a 3rd-round pick for him, because his issues weren't scheme-related or anything like that.  It just came down to him being a really lazy player who hindered your offense.  Newton's numbers in 2017, and the overall effectiveness of the offense, improved drastically after we traded him.  

If Benjamin is fully motivated, then maybe he can be a nice contributor again.  His rookie season was solid and by all accounts he was a monster in training camp the following year, but man after his ACL injury the dude just stopped putting in the work.  

Personally I was never a fan.  I absolutely hated the pick, easily my least favorite 1st round Panthers selection that I can remember.  Then after his rookie season I thought, well maybe I'm wrong.  I still didn't think he was an ideal WR1 but felt he could be a great number two.  Then everything that happened after kind of confirmed what I thought about him as a prospect, and that was before I knew his work ethic was so poor.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1