Giants sign former WR Kelvin Benjamin as TE; released 7/28

Blackstar12

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

What do you have that says they havent checked his body fat %, are working with their sports trainers etc?

thats not a thing teams do. its an extensive test.

Oh, and yes, you can absolutely lose 15 lbs in two months, and in a pretty healthy weigh if you work hard enough and where in a bad enough starting point. 

So you're out of touch too. yikes.

1. Losing weight quickly is way harder if you're in a bad starting point

2. it is highly unlikely Kelvin was in such a state - the dude isn't fat despite the memes.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

thats not a thing teams do. its an extensive test.

So you're out of touch too. yikes.

are you just delusional, ignorant or stubborn. Calipers can get you a pretty close estimate and takes a very minimal amount of time. But lets say they wanted to do a more extensive test, how do you know they havent done anything more in depth?

And 15 lbs in 2 months is a little less than 2 lbs a week. very doable, and very doable in a healthy way. 

12 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

are you just delusional, ignorant or stubborn. Calipers can get you a pretty close estimate and takes a very minimal amount of time. But lets say they wanted to do a more extensive test, how do you know they havent done anything more in depth?

And 15 lbs in 2 months is a little less than 2 lbs a week. very doable, and very doable in a healthy way. 

Wrong. Any athelete losing weight that fast isn't doing it healthfully.

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

oh, someones getting salty. Im well aware of what you said, it was bad. 

Wow... obvious projection. Been awhile since it's been so apparent, but yikes. Sorry to say I haven't got a single reason to hate on Judge or defend Benjamin.

You quoted me - if you wanted to simply disagree that would've been fine.  None of us know what actually happens behind the scene, I was just responding to an article.

I never stated anything about your character but you just called me salty, ignorant, delusional, and stubborn. Yikes my guy, Yikes. All because I said an article wasn't a good look for a coach? Check yourself, my friend. I didn't mind this discussion until you made it personal

19 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Maybe if you are obese... This dude is an athlete, while overweight he still carries a ton of muscle. 

22 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Wrong. Any athelete losing weight that fast isn't doing it healthfully.

Wow... obvious projection. Been awhile since it's been so obvious, but yikes. Sorry to say I haven't got a single reason to hate on Judge or defend Benjamin.

You quoted me - if you wanted to simply disagree that would've been fine.  None of us know what actually happens behind the scene, I was just responding to an article.

I never stated anything about your character but you just called me salty, ignorant, delusional, and stubborn. Yikes my guy, Yikes. All because I said an article wasn't a good look for a coach? Check yourself, my friend. I didn't mind this discussion until you made it personal

i can link where several things that say losing 2 lbs/week is healthy, can you show me anything that says losing that is unhealthy. We can compare if needed. 

We're on an internet forum and youre correcting grammar. yes, its salty. When you say teams dont conduct body composition tests as its too extensive, it shows one of those three things i asked. Body composition tests dont have to be extensive. If you dont realize that its ignorance, which isnt an insult. if you do realize it, then its one of the other two, which if youre sensitive i guess would qualify under mild insult given the context? regardless, im not sure if any of those things have to do with your character. 

You had a bad take, i questioned it. youve doubled and tripled down on it, while showing ignorance in the very things your doubling down on. Again, being ignorant isnt an insult. Im ignorant to many, many, many subjects.

Edited by GSUeagles14

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Maybe if you are obese... This dude is an athlete, while overweight he still carries a ton of muscle. 

i mean, does he classify as carrying a ton of muscle? im not so sure. At the very least, hes a chubby guy, on a bad day you may call him fat. he doesnt need to weigh 265 and can absolutely lose weight. Theres plenty of big, muscular wrs that weigh significantly less than benjamin. And im not saying two lbs per weeks would be easy, but he very clearly has weight to lose and when its your job and you have all day to workout out and break it up however youd like, it shouldnt be that hard either.

USATSI_16083036.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I don't think he's really a 2 pounds a week needs to be lost until he hits 15 pounds tbh
what that weight loss goal sounds like is something a coach made up to cut a guy the GM wanted. 6'5 270 for a TE isn't bad and 265 sounds about right. 240 is like an Evan Engram who is a bit shorter as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

if you shake hands that you can lose -15

and you walk in +3 

you should walk out with your head down

there's lots of unhealthy ways to lose 15

guess he wasn't hungry for the roster spot

The ask may have been weird, but if Kelvin agreed to it and then showed up HEAVIER, then that's just a bad look for him. You couldn't have lost, like, 7 pounds to say you tried a couple things and finally found something that worked for you? Instead you gained weight?

I don't agree he should have done it in an unhealthy way though.

• Like 1

After reading the details I think this is just a bad look all around. Judge obviously never wanted him from the start, Gettleman brought him in because he is one of "his guys". Benjamin does have a point though. You want him to be 20 lbs lighter then his playing weight when he was a WR? Wouldn't you want your TE's to be muscular? .

I get the angle of your trying to make a comeback, team asks you to make a certain weight you do it. However I feel that weight demand was made knowing full well it was unlikely KB would/could achieve it and it seems targeted considering they have Rudolph who is 6'5 265, and Toilolo is 268 (granted he is 6'8). 265 seems like a reasonable weight for a TE...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

lol

Benjamin is a bum. This whole story is hilarious. I love the part where he complains that the Giants social media team didn't highlight and post about how he didn't drop a pass in rookie minicamp. 

• Like 2

Also, gotta love how this thread was 5 pages of fat jokes, then Benjamin's head coach tells him to lose weight, he comes in even heavier so gets cut, then Judge is the bad guy. 

These are the first negative comments we've ever heard about Judge, and they are from a jilted, unmotivated tryout who felt like he was promised an opportunity because he knows the general manager.

• Like 5