Kelvin Benjamin vs Tim Tebow

DutchFalcon

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I never really saw Kelvin Benjamin as a WR. Like Funchess, they both look like move TEs.

You can't compare KB to the almost #1 WR of his generation, the immortal Devin Funchess...

• Like 5

Is it wrong to say that I think that both could make the team and contribution (albeit in a small way). I like Benjamin if he's in shape. He didn't look flabby based on the pictures. He has good hands...and if he can block...he may be a serviceable flex TE. I also like Tebow as a poor man's Taysom Hill. He's in great shape with little wear. He's older, but nobody is expecting him to be in the league for years. The question is can he be a short yardage wildcat guy, special teams guy, and gadget guy a few plays a game? If he can...he could easily make this Jags roster that is still relatively weak (especially at TE). I'm rooting for both of them. 

I doubt Benjamin makes it through final cuts for the Giants. He looks well put together interestingly enough, he's carrying that 245 pretty well, but I don't know if there is space for an older, slower, out of practice version of Evan Engram on the roster right now. Giants will probably carry 4 TEs, and they will be Engram, Kyle Rudolph, Kaden Smith, and Levine Toilolo. He isn't making it at WR either. Golladay, Shepard, Toney, Slayton are locks, and even if we carry an insane 7 WRs on the final 53, I'd put John Ross, Dante Pettis, and Austin Mack/CJ Board over Benjamin.

Give me Benjamin over Tebow though.

Benjamin's drop-off was pretty remarkable after his first two years,in those he looked like a guy who still had a lot of room for improvement but who could go on to be quite special if he did, and someone who could pull out a good career in the 50-70 catch a season club even if not. As a te/wr he might be able to get back to that 50-70 level  in the right setup, but I would not hold my breath by any means. 

Tebow may do well to get past being a special teams/trick player. Though his toxic fanbase from his days at QB are likely gone/quietened down which could help. He struck me as a very good "team player" but when you're not even remotely good enough to start and have them pressuring so immensely to start above anyone and everyone, it's a bad situation for any coach. 

• 2 months later...

I don't care what the haters say, this has still been a better competition then Tebow vs Kaepernick.

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

A new competitor has entered the ring....

Jordan Matthews is back with the 49ers this year as a tight end. 

Will Tebow go 2-0 or will the great Jordan Matthews be his undoing? Don't miss out on THE storyline of this years trainingcamps (and maybe pre-season who knows).

Mods plz update title to "Kelvin Benjamin Jordan Matthews vs Tim Tebow". Tyia!

Edited by DutchFalcon
Gud suggestion to make thread better
  • Like 3