2021 Offseason: Rookie Camp/OTAs/Mini Camp

SemperFeist

7 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I really can't get excited about games that don't count.  I ignore pre-season and the most awful example of football on the planet...the Pro Bowl.

They don't count Win-Loss wise but they absolutely count for guys trying to make the back end of the roster and for the rookies.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

They don't count Win-Loss wise but they absolutely count for guys trying to make the back end of the roster and for the rookies.

I always enjoy seeing guys we likely won't see in the regular season...sometimes that final game (which will be the 3rd game this year) gets kinda ugly, but there have been guys that have made the cut because of their performance that game (generally probably for ST work only).  It kinda sucks this year though, since that 3rd game will be here in KC...I'm waffling on whether I should spend the money to go because no one that plays in that game will likely be relevant.  The tickets are cheap though.  🤣  

Edited by swede700

On 6/2/2021 at 4:33 PM, NoDakViking said:

I guess I'm not so interested in those trying to make the team and earn a roster spot.  In preseason, coaches only use stripped down versions of their offensive and defensive schemes.  Starters really don't play enough to work of the game rust.  Plus, the product just isn't very good.  Finally, it's summer!  There are other things to do!!!  🙂

13 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

FF2F22C5-845E-4AA2-88F3-5AAA617283DE.jpe

(Rolling my eyes and shaking my head)!  Cousins just isn't cool enough to get away with that!!

14 hours ago, french t0ast said:

Love to see it! Corners get banged up all the time so its nice to see that we potentially will have decent depth there.

Didn't Hand have a pretty impressive interception thrown by Drew Brees last year? 

It's also not bad since everyone thought he'd move to safety last year.

17 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

But it’s the irony that makes him cool. 

Kirk is a dork. He knows it, and he embraces it. 

Then he needs a pair of horned rimmed glasses and a pocket protector!!

26 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Am I overreacting when my expectations are now, based on all these OTA highlight videos, that Irv is gonna have a huge year?  It seems like he's been featured predominantly in a lot of these videos.

Some of the comments that have been made about Conklin are also very encouraging. 

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

Am I overreacting when my expectations are now, based on all these OTA highlight videos, that Irv is gonna have a huge year?  It seems like he's been featured predominantly in a lot of these videos.

Possibly. I think it's partly due to not having Rudolph. Last year, we'd see all of the videos of Rudy catching TDs. Now that he's gone, someone has to take those. 

That said, Irv is way more athletic than Rudolph ever was. He's seemingly improved each of his years in the league, so I don't think it's wrong to low-key expect a breakout season from him. This is especially true if our O-Line can improve enough where we won't need him to block all the time.