2021 Offseason: Rookie Camp/OTAs/Mini Camp

SemperFeist

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Possibly. I think it's partly due to not having Rudolph. Last year, we'd see all of the videos of Rudy catching TDs. Now that he's gone, someone has to take those. 

That said, Irv is way more athletic than Rudolph ever was. He's seemingly improved each of his years in the league, so I don't think it's wrong to low-key expect a breakout season from him. This is especially true if our O-Line can improve enough where we won't need him to block all the time.

I think it will be a little different due to their skills sets.  Rudolph could easily box out a guy in the red zone with his size and high point it.  Irv is so much faster and think he will offer much more YAC ability.   I am also high on Irv and think he could easily get ~650 yes and ~8ish TDs

• Like 1

Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer turned 65 over the weekend, but he still showed off his quickness — and teaching ability — on Wednesday. Zimmer worked closely with Patrick Peterson and Breeland — both new faces in 2021 — while the majority of the roster did special teams drills.

Zimmer acted as the wide receiver and used a stutter step to help the cornerbacks get their technique and timing down off the line of scrimmage. The lesson paid off right away, as Peterson had a perfect pass breakup on a deep pass to Thielen on the first play of team drills.

Breeland, it should be noted, was highly attentive in his second practice in Purple, routinely asking defensive backs coach Karl Scott questions on the sideline.

https://www.vikings.com/news/kirk-cousins-offense-otas-sharp-in-red-zone?fbclid=IwAR3AjL6x88PjU-qD-ZMSlIa3qKfB4rzYGDVsRCYv3LmVrw4gxfcG2M-yDGo

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 6:35 PM, french t0ast said:

Love to see it! Corners get banged up all the time so its nice to see that we potentially will have decent depth there.

Didn't Hand have a pretty impressive interception thrown by Drew Brees last year? 

He did. He had 3 pass breakups on the year and he hardly played at all. I think he has a bright future in the NFL.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:11 PM, solidvikingfan said:

A lot of different posters try to move Harrison Hand to safety and seems that should stop being brought up.

Long term it might pay off. I think Xavier Woods is only signed for one year. If he cashes in after this season, we have nobody next year (although Smith should see an extension soon).

If Hand continues to impress, then you put the best players on the field.

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Long term it might pay off. I think Xavier Woods is only signed for one year. If he cashes in after this season, we have nobody next year (although Smith should see an extension soon).

If Hand continues to impress, then you put the best players on the field.

I think they have high hopes for the kid they drafted this year and are converting to safety.

If I remember right,  Breeland and Alexander are also only signed for 1 year.  If hand impresses enough he could move up the depth chart after the year.  Either way it would be valuable to have a backup that can play inside and out

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

If I remember right,  Breeland and Alexander are also only signed for 1 year.  If hand impresses enough he could move up the depth chart after the year.  Either way it would be valuable to have a backup that can play inside and out

peterson only signed a one year deal too. so as of now the only corners under contract next season are dantzler, boyd, hand and gladney (legal issues pending). corner is the more valuable position so it's probably best to keep hand at CB and mix him in the rotation based on how many reps he's earned.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, whitehops said:

peterson only signed a one year deal too. so as of now the only corners under contract next season are dantzler, boyd, hand and gladney (legal issues pending). corner is the more valuable position so it's probably best to keep hand at CB and mix him in the rotation based on how many reps he's earned.

Oh for some reason I was thinking it was 2. I don't see hand getting many game reps unless there is an injury,  but I think it's power likely that we'll be down a corner or 2 at some point