2021 Offseason: Rookie Camp/OTAs/Mini Camp

SemperFeist

If a young player is showing promise at cornerback, you’re not going to move him to safety. The positional value between the top is simply too lopsided.

And since Hand is not only playing CB during OTAs, but he’s standing out and getting 1st team reps. It’s highly unlikely a move to safety will happen any time soon. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I really can't see Dozier or Jalyn Holmes making this roster. Am I giving up on them too early?

Holmes likely,but who do you have bumping Dozier off the roster.

Dru Samia?

The guys who were on practice squads last year?

The free agents who are basically the same guys available when we choose to bring Dozier back?

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I really can't see Dozier or Jalyn Holmes making this roster. Am I giving up on them too early?

I see Dozier making the roster simply due to lack of depth. Samia is likely gone. Cole isnt great either. That leaves Dozier as the top interior backup unless Hinton or Udoh step up in that role. 

Holmes is gone, hes trash. 

• Like 1

I dont think anyone needs to worry about the current depth chart. Vets always get the benefit of the doubt to start off. I fully expect Davis & Darrisaw to be starters by mid TC.

Mond should be the QB2, but it wouldnt shock me if he was QB3 & inactive all year behind Kirk and Browning.

The most interesting TC battles to me are DE2 & WR3. If i had to guess today, id say Weatherly and Beebe. But Patrick Jones & Wonnum are most def in the mix. And id like to see what ISM could do at WR3, much more dynamic than Beebe.

The kicker job is Joseph's 100% imo, unless he screws up big time in TC & preseason. Zim wont make the same mistake of going into a season with a solid roster & a rookie kicker. Probably will keep him on the practice squad id bet (Patterson).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, solidvikingfan said:

Holmes likely,but who do you have bumping Dozier off the roster.

Dru Samia?

The guys who were on practice squads last year?

The free agents who are basically the same guys available when we choose to bring Dozier back?

I figured Hinton or Brandel.

I'm not very confident in Samia either.

I’d be surprised if Dozier didn’t make the roster. I doubt he’ll be a starter, but he’s got a lot of experience at both guard positions. 

Versatility is a must in backup o-linemen, teams simply don’t carry enough on the game day roster to have a backup for each position. I think it would take an incredibly strong training camp from the likes of Udoh, Brandel, or Hinton to knock off Hill, Cole, and Dozier from the reserve roles. 

11 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I need to get a twitter so I can like these videos. FB keeps banning me for posting jokes/ pics about the Packers. 😄

As you can tell, that's where I spend a lot of my time on social media.  I have a FB, but I rarely get on there, and hardly ever post anything, especially since they changed the format where I'll see posts in the feed from random days, one from 3 hrs ago followed by one from 3 days ago followed by one from 2 days ago.  It's garbage.  I'm sure there's a way around that, but I don't want to waste my time trying to figure out how to do it.  I used to get annoyed by this same HS classmate who was constantly posting pictures of her 3 yr old (at the time), but I'd rather see that to know that it's working properly, then now, where I haven't seen anything from her in about 5 years, even though she's probably still posting.