2021 Roster Injury Tracker

DreamKid

The more I think about it the more I think this back injury (from the end zone flip) was the reason why they didn't scheme up Lamar in the running game in Detroit. I was wondering why after having such success against Kansas City running Lamar they would just flat out not do it at all in Detroit against one of the worst run defenses in the league. They definitely seem to be protecting him.

29 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Really have liked what I’ve seen from our WR core to this point. Hopefully this doesn’t become a “too many cooks in the kitchen” type of scenario… through I suppose that problem is far better than the one we’ve seen for the last 25 years minus that run with Torrey/Anquan/Jacoby.

21 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Really have liked what I’ve seen from our WR core to this point. Hopefully this doesn’t become a “too many cooks in the kitchen” type of scenario… through I suppose that problem is far better than the one we’ve seen for the last 25 years minus that run with Torrey/Anquan/Jacoby.

For once, a Ravens practice squad/preseason warrior finally steps up in the regular season (James Proche). Happy to see it, but wonder who gets the short end of the stick in this rotation?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Pretty frustrating. Meanwhile Dak has recovered and had no issues.

VERY different body types and requirements at their respective positions.

Not that I've ever been a big fan of "Stay Hurt" Stanley, but can't fault him for being slow in his recovery with an injury of this magnitude.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Stanley just feels like every one of our past diva OL, from McKinnie to Oher to Gaither. 

Disagree. Stanley has played through lots of injuries. We should have ir’d him to start the season and given him 7 more weeks to recover. Seems like he rushed back with only a week of practice to get reacclimated and started when he wasn’t ready. Dudes been nothing short of spectacular despite injuries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

We should have ir’d him to start the season and given him 7 more weeks to recover.

FYI going on IR only means needing to be off the active roster for 3 weeks now. 

I don't necessarily disagree with the point of your post though - he was definitely rushed back too quickly and looks like it might have set him back significantly 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nah, Oher. Like Gaither, refused to play RT because he wanted to be a LT and when we played him at RT he basically phoned it in.

Maybe I remember his tenure differently then. He definitely played well at RT on our Super Bowl run. 

This is a quote from Oher after the 2012 run:

"I prefer playing right tackle," Oher said. "I've flip-flopped back and forth ever since I got here and played both sides, but I think right tackle is my best position. I think I'm better over there and the team is better with me over there."

He played where we told him to play, and did the best he could. He was a pretty tough player so I would not count him as a diva like some of the others. 

• Like 1