FootballsFuture WR1 Tournament (General Information, Participants, Bracket)

BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

This is incredible cherry picking

lol

anything someone doesn't agree with is "cherry-picking"

we can use 2019/2020 then for Sutton. His games with 3 or fewer receptions changes from 15 to 18, then.

Literally used his ENTIRE career and you call it "cherry-picking"

my god

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

lol

anything someone doesn't agree with is "cherry-picking"

we can use 2019/2020 then for Sutton. His games with 3 or fewer receptions changes from 15 to 18, then.

Literally used his ENTIRE career and you call it "cherry-picking"

my god

How does he have 18 games of 3 or fewer receptions if you include 2020….? He played 1 game in 2020. That literally makes no sense. Because he’s a member of the roster, he counts as playing 16 games in 2020….?

In 2019, the year he was actually the STARTER, get it?, STARTER, dude had like 2 games with 3 or less catches. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How does he have 18 games of 3 or fewer receptions if you include 2020….? He played 1 game in 2020. That literally makes no sense. Because he’s a member of the roster, he counts as playing 16 games in 2020….?

In 2019, the year he was actually the STARTER, get it?, STARTER, dude had like 2 games with 3 or less catches. 

and DJ Moore had like 3 games with 3 or fewer receptions. Two years in a row.

Can't you just admit you're wrong about DJ Moore? He's an obvious WR1...

In 2019 he had 20, 13, 16, 17 catches per each quarter in his games respectively. In 2020 it was 19, 23, 17, 28 per quarter. Over the last two years it's been 39, 36, 33, 45 catches per respective quarter. There is zero evidence of your claims he "disappears" for 3.5 quarters.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

There is zero evidence of your claims he "disappears" for 3.5 quarters

Yes there is lmao. I watch the games. You are legit box score scouting like a typical fan. I bet you probably said Brady’s arm was weak after 2019 too right? You seem like one of those fans. Complete box score scouting. 

Stop looking at total receptions and watch the games. Many games last year Moore would be shut out or near shut out for 50-55 minutes. He would then get 3-4 catches on one series or two series (back to back). This could be at the start, middle, or end, but it is an accurate description. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Many games last year Moore would be shut out or near shut out for 50-55 minutes. He would then get 3-4 catches on one series or two series (back to back). This could be at the start, middle, or end, but it is an accurate description. 

prove it

This coming from a guy who thought the Packers were beating the Bucs and no chance the Bucs win. How many times you gonna embarrass yourself? 

Then gets totally destroyed in the Aaron Rodgers thread about what a WR1 is. 

Just stop. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

D.J. Moore needs to be more dominant and take over games. Too many times that guy disappears for 3 1/2 quarters and hits a 60 yard reception. Hopefully with Darnold (who sadly might be the best passer the guy has worked with...) he might show the world he is indeed a dominant WR1. 

Where exactly is this coming from? Because his quarter by quarter stats are uniform across the board.

aCWYG2t.png

That doesn't really indicate a guy who is only showing up after disappearing for first 3.5 quarters.

But I guess maybe you mean that too often he hits a 60 yard pass reception at some point in the game and does nothing otherwise. And I guess that could be valid. So I went and did a Stathead search for every single play that has ever ended with a DJ Moore target. 

Turns out that he's had a 60+ yard reception two times in his career; 11/18/18 vs the Lions, and 10/25/20 vs the Saints. In those two games, if we completely remove the 60+ yard reception, he went 6 receptions, 75 yards and a TD, and 3 receptions for 19 yards and a TD. 

So I guess once in his entire career the thing you're describing has happened?

idk man. Once in a career doesn't really seem like the type of thing we invalidate a guy's status as a #1 WR over.

Even if we assume you were using hyperbole on the 60 yards and instead expand it to 40 yards, it's still only 6 games. Twice a season? I bet you the majority of big time receivers have two games a year that would have been dead stat-lines if not for one specific play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

He would then get 3-4 catches on one series or two series (back to back). This could be at the start, middle, or end, but it is an accurate description. 

Hey, so I did the same Stathead search I mentioned above, except this time I sorted it by game date (most recent first) and removed targets that didn't end in a reception. So now I'm looking at a complete log of all of his receptions in his NFL career sorted by the game in which they happened, and ordered in the order that it happened in the game.

I've looked through the entirety of his 2020 catch log, and I gotta say. I don't see what you're describing at all. There's a few instances where he has a run of 3 catches in a set of two series, but they're all in games where he was productive through the game. There's one instance of 4 receptions in the final two drives of the Bucs game in September, but he also had 4 catches in that game prior to that string, so I don't think that's what you're talking about either.

Against the Falcons in October, he had two receptions in back to back drives that were his only receptions for the game, but that's not 3-4 as you're describing is happening.

So… when are these games happening? Because there's one that kinda comes close to what you're describing in the entire 15 game body of work he had last year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You guys can complain all you want, FootballsFuture favorite pasttime. Probably why goldfish didn’t do his Draft Poll Mock this year. 

Why so sour? 

What you said about Moore doesn’t seem to be true and you haven’t shown anything to back up your opinion. It’s a football forum, of course people are going to bring it up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Why so sour? 

Because this forum has a tendency to complain. About everything. There would be absolutely no satisfying every person with this Tournament. It would legit be impossible. Which is why I never did the QB Tournament and also randomized these seeding. This is also why goldfish stopped his Mock Game. Constant complaining, whining, and and child-like behavior. Heck, look at him in his NFL Gen thread defending his draft grades. All that work he put in, and non-stop whining. Legit no appreciation. 

It's simple, don't like it, don't participate. The contestants is always going to be subjective. Seeding will also always be subjective in these lists. (Although seeding is randomized). For example, I totally disagreed with Seinfield being the 8th seeded TV Show out of 64 shows. I didn't even think Seinfield should of been in the Tournament. Did I sit there and whine/complain about it for pages upon pages? No. I tried to vote it out and also gave my reasons why I didn't like it. 

If there was no subjectivity, there would be no Tournament needed to begin with. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because this forum has a tendency to complain. About everything. There would be absolutely no satisfying every person with this Tournament. It would legit be impossible. Which is why I never did the QB Tournament and also randomized these seeding. This is also why goldfish stopped his Mock Game. Constant complaining, whining, and and child-like behavior. Heck, look at him in his NFL Gen thread defending his draft grades. All that work he put in, and non-stop whining. Legit no appreciation. 

It's simple, don't like it, don't participate. The contestants is always going to be subjective. Seeding will also always be subjective in these lists. (Although seeding is randomized). For example, I totally disagreed with Seinfield being the 8th seeded TV Show out of 64 shows. I didn't even think Seinfield should of been in the Tournament. Did I sit there and whine/complain about it for pages upon pages? No. I tried to vote it out and also gave my reasons why I didn't like it. 

If there was no subjectivity, there would be no Tournament needed to begin with. 

Gonna be honest with you, I only see one poster ITT displaying “child like behavior”. And that’s not a dig or a shot. 

What you said about Moore doesn’t seem to be true. You can feel like he disappears for 55 minutes a game, but factually that isn’t true. Pointing that out doesn’t make people whiners.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Gonna be honest with you, I only see one poster ITT displaying “child like behavior”. And that’s not a dig or a shot. 

What you said about Moore doesn’t seem to be true. You can feel like he disappears for 55 minutes a game, but factually that isn’t true. Pointing that out doesn’t make people whiners.  

Ok, cool. I have zero tolerance for sensitivity, and that's what I see in this thread. People sensitive over their WR not getting the nod. You can personally think whatever you want. 

I watched all 16 Carolina games, did you? Did you...? Seriously. Did you? Moore was not consistent. Majority drives he was gone and no where to be found. Moreso than most WR's. And guess what? I'm a big big Moore fan. Probably in my Top 5 favorite WR's. 

This reminds me of the time everyone and their mama on this forum was saying Brady's arm was toast and weak and here's this stat, and that stat, and this stat. I said watch the games. Velocity hasn't changed at all. Like, literally, not at all. I don't care about stats. At least not to the degree some do. 

Moore not being a WR1 (yet, anyways, I put him in my potential list) is subjective and opinion based. Never said it was a fact. Always warned this is going to be subjective. If you think the Tournament is not up to your standard, then simply don't participate. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ok, cool. I have zero tolerance for sensitivity, and that's what I see in this thread. People sensitive over their WR not getting the nod. You can personally think whatever you want. 

A Ravens fan was the first to bring up Keenan Allen. A Packers, Jags, and Panthers fan brought up Moore. It’s not people bringing up “their guy”, it’s commenting on some pretty glaringly obvious flaws.

Again, only seeing one person being sensitive. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I watched all 16 Carolina games, did you? Did you...? Seriously. Did you? Moore was not consistent. Majority drives he was gone and no where to be found.

Which is all fine and dandy. If I watch all 16 Panthers games and have the opinion that Robby Anderson didn’t catch a single ball, that doesn’t make it true. What you said about Moore literally isn’t true, doesn’t really matter if you watched one game or sixteen.

• Like 1