Are Washington & Denver a “QB away” from being SB contending teams?

ClutchDJ

These are two teams that have gotten a lot of love as regarding to their talent on paper this offseason. 

But one thing that does stick out as regards to both is consistent QB play.

So I ask, are they really just 1 QB away? Do they need more pieces? Are they really that talented on paper?

24 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

You can say that about 90% of the league 

No…. these two rosters are stacked if you look at them. 

Denver has a Top 7 Defense on paper, and a stacked offense on paper. But the #32 Ranked QB. 

Washington probably has the 2nd or 3rd best Defense in the NFL, and they have solid offensive roster in Gibson, McLaurin, and OL looks much better than last year. 

You put Rodgers on either team and they are a Top 2-3 favorite to win the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Not really.

There’s teams you can put Rodgers on & still couldn’t say they’re a SB contending team.

I think Rodgers makes any team in the league not named the Lions a Super Bowl Contender. However, he makes the Broncos or Washington a Top 2-3 “Super Bowl Favorite”. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I think Rodgers makes any team in the league not named the Lions a Super Bowl Contender. However, he makes the Broncos or Washington a Top 2-3 “Super Bowl Favorite”. 

Bengals

Raiders

Vikings 

Texans

Jags

Eagles

Cowboys

Falcons

Panthers

Jets

Possibly Chargers & Cards.

I don’t see it with those teams, but that’s mainly due to coaching/defense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Bengals

Raiders

Vikings 

Texans

Jags

Eagles

Cowboys

Falcons

Panthers

Jets

Possibly Chargers & Cards.

Disagree on all of those except Jags, Eagles, Jets. Those teams need another year of building. 

However, you are vastly underestimating how much better an Elite QB makes a team, and can carry a team. They make a team 5x better easily, especially Aaron Rodgers.

He makes 28 teams a "Super Bowl Contender" (leave out Lions, Jets, Eagles, and Jags).

He makes the Broncos and Washington a clear Top 3 "Super Bowl Favorite". 

Big difference between contender and favorite. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

With this draft and Rodgers, I'm not so sure Detroit would not be in the mix. The one team that is too far away right now, just picked some longhair named Lawrence. 

1 minute ago, ClutchDJ said:

Bengals - Agree
Raiders - Agree, because of the HC
Vikings - Maybe
Texans - Agree, because of the FO
Jags - Agree, see above
Eagles - Disagree
Cowboys - Disagree
Falcons - Disagree
Panthers - Disagree
Jets - Disagree The Jets are good. 

Possibly Chargers & Cards - No and no.

Exactly, coaching and defense. 

Denver should try to trade for Rodgers. Washington should try to trade for Watson (if hes cleared)

I think this would work out for all 4 teams, if Rodgers really is out. Packers drafted Love so they had a plan of moving on to him eventually, although this may be a year earlier than expected. I assume Lock gets thrown in the deal as a backup/hedge. Texans has already moved on with Taylor/Mills, but are likely to have a high pick and a chance at a top QB prospect next year. And of course, Broncos & WFT become instant playoff/super bowl contenders with a top 10 QB.

I also assume both the Packers & Texans would prefer to move Rodgers/Watson out of the conference if preferable.

There's a lot of teams that would become viable with an elite QB, but the Broncos & WFT are probably 2 of the most complete teams in the league sans QB

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

Not really.

There’s teams you can put Rodgers on & still couldn’t say they’re a SB contending team.

Other than the jags, lions, Jets, Texans bengals... who?

The bears went 8-8 with a QB everyone thinks sucks. 

the patriots went 7-9 with bottom 3 QB play

the dolphins went 10-6 with Tua/Fitz

Edited by CP3MVP

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

No…. these two rosters are stacked if you look at them. 

Denver has a Top 7 Defense on paper, and a stacked offense on paper. But the #32 Ranked QB. 

Washington probably has the 2nd or 3rd best Defense in the NFL, and they have solid offensive roster in Gibson, McLaurin, and OL looks much better than last year. 

You put Rodgers on either team and they are a Top 2-3 favorite to win the Super Bowl. 

Denever does not have a “stacked” offense in paper. They don’t even have one elite skill position guy. Juedy and Fant have potential, they haven’t shown anything yet ,