Off season workouts - Training Camp

Pastor Dillon

14 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Interesting that we’ve moved Howard to LG. Looks like we are currently playing Scharping and Heck at RG/RT. I assume Britt at center but I didn’t see that. Cannon is not currently active. 

Ya, it we had to have a starting lineup today it would be 

LT-Tunsil 

LG-Howard

C-Britt

RG-Scharping

RT-Heck

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Ya, it we had to have a starting lineup today it would be 

LT-Tunsil 

LG-Howard

C-Britt

RG-Scharping

RT-Heck

I'm actually okay with this. I've long maintained that the OL will be a strength this season - talent was always there, but now we have a guy putting together a plan that gets the talent to play better.

Heck might be a surprise plus for us. Given that Cannon hasn't played in over a year, is injury prone and only cost a 6th, I see him as a swing T/G. Losing reps is going to cost him and if he doesn't want a swing designation, he's very much cuttable.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm actually okay with this. I've long maintained that the OL will be a strength this season - talent was always there, but now we have a guy putting together a plan that gets the talent to play better.

Heck might be a surprise plus for us. Given that Cannon hasn't played in over a year, is injury prone and only cost a 6th, I see him as a swing T/G. Losing reps is going to cost him and if he doesn't want a swing designation, he's very much cuttable.

Ya, reports about Heck say he added some good functional strength to this frame this offseason

On 8/5/2021 at 3:12 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

If we would could hit on heck and he’s a legit starter, it would be about time. We’ve not hit on a later pick in a while 

I'm sure getting the film he got at the end of last season was valuable. I bet him and his dad broke it down and came up with a plan for him for what he needs to do to be successful. I think he's going to become a reliable cheap RT for the next couple of years.

6th round pick DT Roy Lopez has looked good in pads, per The Athletic's Aaron Reiss. He's built like a NT but has some movement like a 3 Tech per Lovie Smith, so he's pushing the pocket back and getting pressure up the gut. He's stopped a few runs and flushed QB Davis Mills out of the pocket a few times in 11 v 11.

The team has a bunch of tweeners at DT, so getting a big fella who can create pressure inside (think DJ Reader) is good.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

6th round pick DT Roy Lopez has looked good in pads, per The Athletic's Aaron Reiss. He's built like a NT but has some movement like a 3 Tech per Lovie Smith, so he's pushing the pocket back and getting pressure up the gut. He's stopped a few runs and flushed QB Davis Mills out of the pocket a few times in 11 v 11.

The team has a bunch of tweeners at DT, so getting a big fella who can create pressure inside (think DJ Reader) is good.

Yeppers. I had read that as well over on Texans Chat.  One of my worries was interior pressure. I still would like to get Kenny Randall! But it;s good to hear.  :)

Edited by jch1911