Off season workouts - Training Camp

Pastor Dillon

Soooo  Davis Mills has worms ducking and is playing catch with the defense.... and all of sudden Watson is "making nice" with the team.... hhmmmmm....

Anybody else there is a David Carr quality (looks wise) to Davis Mills... you don't think Jr. wanted a rekindling of the Good Ole Days...  Nnaaaahhhhh

Also, once again, Ossai over Mills was a no-brainer for me.  I blame Pep

A

4 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Sorry, I'm showing up with selfish questions;

Is Lovie running a primarily 4-3 defense? The personnel is interesting regardless. Hybrid?

I think it's primarily a 4-3, but there could be some odd fronts in there. Not many, but some.

42 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

its still early.  he hasnt played in any live games yet lol

But if he's failing in this setting, against THIS defense - I don't like his chances if he's squaring up against an actual defense in an acutal game.

People are saying he's the worst QB they've ever seen in Texans camp - worse than David Carr, Tony Banks, Sage Rosenfels, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage, Case Keenum, TJ Yates, Jeff Driskel - that's a lot of bad QB play, to be the worst of this group? That's special.

I just hope it ends the "weLl iF hE sTAyEd aT sTaNfOrD hE wOuLd hAvE bEeN a tOp 10 picK" nonsense we heard immediately from local networks after he was drafted. He didn't stay, he did drop to the 3rd round. We're now starting to see why he declared early and was drafted in the 3rd round, because it's more likely he'd get drafted in the 6th round if he stayed in college.

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

But if he's failing in this setting, against THIS defense - I don't like his chances if he's squaring up against an actual defense in an acutal game.

People are saying he's the worst QB they've ever seen in Texans camp - worse than David Carr, Tony Banks, Sage Rosenfels, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage, Case Keenum, TJ Yates, Jeff Driskel - that's a lot of bad QB play, to be the worst of this group? That's special.

I just hope it ends the "weLl iF hE sTAyEd aT sTaNfOrD hE wOuLd hAvE bEeN a tOp 10 picK" nonsense we heard immediately from local networks after he was drafted. He didn't stay, he did drop to the 3rd round. We're now starting to see why he declared early and was drafted in the 3rd round, because it's more likely he'd get drafted in the 6th round if he stayed in college.

We knew he'd be a project so I'm still going to wait until I see him in game action and see how he progresses throughout the season. I put his odds of being the answer at QB incredibly low, but it's only fair to give him more than a few practices, especially when he lacks experience. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LORK88 said:

We knew he'd be a project so I'm still going to wait until I see him in game action and see how he progresses throughout the season. I put his odds of being the answer at QB incredibly low, but it's only fair to give him more than a few practices, especially when he lacks experience. 

exactly! nobody is expecting him to be tom brady all of a sudden.  you cant form a judgement how good of a player is unless he actually play in games.  we have seen this instance too many times where a player is amazing in camp and dont show anything in games.

remember lestar jean?

Idk if any of these new guys will look good in games, I just think it’s worth pointing out that we had Tom Savage looking great against a much better defense than we have now and Savage isn’t even on a practice squad right now

• Like 1