Off season workouts - Training Camp

Pastor Dillon

• 2 weeks later...

So, media is in an uproar because players are practicing without numbers, so those watching/reporting don't know who anyone is...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/27/texans-keep-media-in-dark-during-otas/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

At this point, whoever is in charge - Easterby, Caserio - it's telling how tone deaf this franchise is. It's not enough to alienate fans, they now go out to upset media members.

• Like 1

Apparently, Whitney Mercilus skipped out on OTAs today.

He really doesn't have the luxury to do that, given how he's been lately. He's a liability on pretty much every single front, and he's learning a new spot on a new defense - you have to get as many reps in as you can.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

So, media is in an uproar because players are practicing without numbers, so those watching/reporting don't know who anyone is...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/27/texans-keep-media-in-dark-during-otas/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

At this point, whoever is in charge - Easterby, Caserio - it's telling how tone deaf this franchise is. It's not enough to alienate fans, they now go out to upset media members.

It was suggested somewhere that it was a patriot thing, to get players to know people by name or whatever

if it ticks off pancakes, LOL. personally I don’t give two farts about how the media feels

Edited by tab
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, tab said:

It was suggested somewhere that it was a patriot thing, to get players to know people by name or whatever

if it ticks off pancakes, LOL. personally I don’t give two farts about how the media feels

Agreed lol

I love a ticked off Pancakes

• Like 1

Listening to some of the stuff coming out of OTAs and some stuff from Culley/Mills/Tyrod and .. idk... feeling something positive. Feels like a fresh start. Expecting nothing but hoping for some positivity this season

10 hours ago, tab said:

Listening to some of the stuff coming out of OTAs and some stuff from Culley/Mills/Tyrod and .. idk... feeling something positive. Feels like a fresh start. Expecting nothing but hoping for some positivity this season

I think that was the intent - get away from the "walking on eggshells" with Bill O'Brien and go into a positive mindset with David Culley.

I'm still pessimistic on this teams' chance. I really believe that they won't win a game, there are significant talent issues at nearly every position. This being said, this team will play hard for four quarters, even if they're losing big. There's little hope for this season, but there's something to consider for next season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Seems like Taylor is gonna start at QB. I just don’t get it. When you spend your first pick on a QB, give him the reigns, especially when you know the team is gonna suck and you are gonna draft a 1st round QB next year anyway. 

First round QBs aren't typically given the reigns day 1. Why would we do that with our 3rd round rookie QB? Let Tyrod start, give Davis some time, and see what he has later in the season when we're already eliminated from playoffs. This season is just a 17 game audition for 2022 and beyond. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Seems like Taylor is gonna start at QB. I just don’t get it. When you spend your first pick on a QB, give him the reigns, especially when you know the team is gonna suck and you are gonna draft a 1st round QB next year anyway. 

we can afford to do that since Mills is still raw and we arent expected to go anywhere.  Mills will play at some point in the season. 

10 hours ago, LORK88 said:

First round QBs aren't typically given the reigns day 1. Why would we do that with our 3rd round rookie QB? Let Tyrod start, give Davis some time, and see what he has later in the season when we're already eliminated from playoffs. This season is just a 17 game audition for 2022 and beyond. 

BecUse 1st round QBs aren’t likely to get replaced the very next draft. We need to see what mills has because if we start Taylor 10-12 games and then mills 3-4 we are looking at a top 3 pick without really knowing what mills has. 

For those needing a quick sip of hope to sober up from this drunken disaster of an off-season:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/06/07/mmqb-what-you-need-to-know-about-julio-jones-trade-daily-cover

Go down to the 10 Takeaways, and look for Takeaway 5. I don't know if I agree with Breer on this... but it's nice to hear nonetheless. Specific call outs to Malik Collins, Nico Collins, Justin Britt and Jon Greenard makes me feel... Well, I still feel like we're going 0-17, but at least we'll be fighting in those 17 losses.

23 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

BecUse 1st round QBs aren’t likely to get replaced the very next draft. We need to see what mills has because if we start Taylor 10-12 games and then mills 3-4 we are looking at a top 3 pick without really knowing what mills has. 

If we're picking top 3, that means Davis Mills isn't the answer. He doesn't need to start an entire season and be given the reigns immediately to figure that out. You can easily give him the second half of the season and know what you have. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LORK88 said:

If we're picking top 3, that means Davis Mills isn't the answer. He doesn't need to start an entire season and be given the reigns immediately to figure that out. You can easily give him the second half of the season and know what you have. 

Heck, they're seeing more of him now in position meetings and in OTAs than any of us will see from him if he started half a season.

That's where the opportunity is given - if he's not showing up in meetings, film study and practice, you know everything you need to know without him taking a snap in the Regular Season.